PDA

View Full Version : Party 22, BB-hand

bennies
08-22-2005, 08:25 AM
same tourney, Button is loose, no reads on the others.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1985)
Hero (t1190)
UTG (t485)
MP1 (t745)
MP2 (t630)
CO (t998)
Button (t1967)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls t50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t150) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t50</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, Button calls t100.

River: (t450) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>

emptypockets
08-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Looks good, but what do you do if he reraises the river?

bennies
08-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks! I call any raise on the river.

emptypockets
08-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Hmm, I´m not sure. What range do you put him on if he pushes your riverbet?

bennies
08-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks again dude...

You are right, I put him on a nicely played flush most of the time, and my stack is too deep. He could have K4 or maybe even 64 though. Call any decent size raise maybe?

EnderFFX
08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't like this line at all. I think you should check call him down from the turn, provided reasonable size bets are made. You don't have position on him and it looks like he is willing to bluff on the turn and would be willing to bluff on the river. I think you pretty much gain the same amount of chips without any of the risk.

If he has the flush, or a higher two pair, he's going to bet 50, on the turn, then like 150-200 on the river to keep you in. If he's bluffing, he'll prolly go 50 then 50, or 50 then 100. By check raising him on the turn, you've upped what he is going to bet with made hands, and any hand that isn't at least aces up, he's going to fold on the next significiant bet.

I think by letting him take the lead on the betting you minimize what you lose and maximize what you gain. If the fourth diamond hits on the river, so be it. You'll just have to fold.

emptypockets
08-22-2005, 09:37 AM
I think the way you want the hand to be played just opens up for a bluff by villain on the river, which will force a fold. The T$50 is a K with a bad kicker, a medium pair, or a flush in my eyes; in that order.
I think the way it was played blocks most opportunities to bluff. While you lose more when you lose, you will win more often by not playing the hand weakly.
Open for discussion though :-)

Pardon the english, it´s not my 1st language

bennies
08-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi, thanks.

I like your line. However I feel mine has merits too. On the turn, the board is pretty coordinated and he could be on a bunch of draws. He could also have Kx, 6x or a lower two pair. With any of these holdings I feel it is best to raise.

On the river I really don't know. The 4 most likely didn't help him. I bet to have him pay me with Kx or a lower two pair - I belive most opponents do this. But I definatly see the point in check-calling too.

EnderFFX
08-22-2005, 10:31 AM
"I think the way you want the hand to be played just opens up for a bluff by villain on the river, which will force a fold. The T$50 is a K with a bad kicker, a medium pair, or a flush in my eyes; in that order.
I think the way it was played blocks most opportunities to bluff. While you lose more when you lose, you will win more often by not playing the hand weakly.
Open for discussion though :-)"

Actually, you are hoping for a reasonable bluff from your opponent. You should be willing to call a 100-200 bet raise from your opponent. If he pushes, well you have to fold but at least you have the option to fold instead of being pot-stuck.