PDA

View Full Version : Chitown session #2 Trip report

12-23-2001, 05:50 PM
Hit Harrah's at 11PM til close (4:30AM) Sat. nite.

Game wasn't as good as the other night but was still good with one great maniac at the table. The table also had 2 supah-rocks and a couple of other poor predictable folks. Most hands were 3bets preflop with 4 seeing the flop. Nice game.

Met a few regulars. Linda an attractive older woman who played fine, and Phillip, a younger guy who was fun to play with and very tricky postflop, but hyperloose preflop. Had a great time chatting with these 2.

Watched a nut flush on a J-5-6 flop get run over by J2o when it came 2 on the turn and J on the river. The flush guy took it in good humor.

I defended a kill pot when raised by AA with 3-7s with 5others in the pot preflop. Turned 2 pair and held up, woohoo!

The floorman tried to get me to play some HOSE but I politely declined on account of having never played stud8 in my life. I ended up playing 4-8half kill after waiting 40 mins for 10-20 to open. By the time I was called for the 10-20 there was only 1.5 hours left in the night so I stayed put.

Almost had the bad beat when a guy flopped a set of 8's and a woman turned a straight flush. Alas, no eight on the river. Ironically, the same lady got 4 eights herself about 30 mins later.

Raised the mainiac on the turn with king high on a 6-6-3-2 board with 3 people behind me. Got them out but he hit an 8 on the river for a pair. I was leading til then. Ugh.

Ended up $-4 for the session when I straddled my last hand before leaving and hit a full house on the river.

Didn't get to meet any 2+2ers but did have a great time shouting gamboooooool and such.

Total trip: 10 hours, +$302

Merry Christmas.

12-23-2001, 06:32 PM
still haven't met spm..nice report tho, gl

12-24-2001, 01:27 PM

12-24-2001, 03:35 PM
Clarkmeister,

You couldn't have looked too hard for me because I played 4 full day/night sessions Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun at Harrah's. (20-40 main game). To be honest, I forgot about you coming to town until Sunday when I did walk by the 4-8 table to look for a hat with an "I" on it. I also looked at the board for anything like clarkmeister on it. I must've missed ya.

I might play Wed. Most of the floor knows me so feel free to introduce yourself. Hope your having a nice stay. Take care.

12-24-2001, 03:59 PM
Don't know what you look like! I was hoping someone would be able to pick me out. I was being even louder than normal with my shouts of "GAMBOOOOOOOL" and "REEEVER REEEEVER"

Ah well, next time I'll be sure to get everyone's description and try and pick them out. Sorry I missed you.