PDA

View Full Version : coinflip in early stages ?

MarkGrandy
08-22-2005, 04:44 AM
what are You going to do in next situation ?
(It seems to be my problem in MTT's)
You haven't got any superior hands, blinds are increasing, You see how your stack is vanishing....

option 1: You wait great hand without results until you have only about 2xBB and then choose best You got; all in with 22, K10, A3, Q7, etc.
if You win, You are in the final table with smallest stack

option 2: You rather take risk earlier with mediocre hand,
if You win, You are chip leader

raptor517
08-22-2005, 05:06 AM
option 2 for me, and its not close. holla

A_Junglen
08-22-2005, 06:05 AM
I think most people here would prefer option #2 by a large margin; but you can't force anything.

MarkGrandy
08-22-2005, 06:16 AM
I think #2 is better, timing is a problem.
When is the right moment to give up hope that next hand could be AA and go all in with J6 ?

Piers
08-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Just concentrate on making +EV decisions.

If that means taking risks early then so be it. If no +EV plays come your way just fold until they do, as your stack gets smaller +EV opertunities become more common.

Pepsquad
08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think #2 is better, timing is a problem.
When is the right moment to give up hope that next hand could be AA and go all in with J6 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

When going broke becomes a less painful option than NOT doubling-up. For me this is typically 2-3 hands before I'm getting ready to post a BB that will take greater than 1/2 my stack.

diebitter
08-22-2005, 08:52 AM
#2 You gotta use your stack while it's still big enough to frighten people when you all-in. Mediocre is fine, but here I'd rather be stealing than going against good hands, but if it is that, I never worry too much.

Try reading Harrington on Holdem #2, about inflection points.