PDA

View Full Version : Couple limit noob questions..

raptor517
08-22-2005, 03:54 AM
ok, so i been playin sngs hardcore 8 tabling the 55s-215s for around a year now, and am bored out of my mind and need a bit of a change. so.. i decided to learn limit. yay.

anyways, got a few questions about... say 3-6 and 5-10 limit full ring on party skins..

how many hands do you need to play before you have a good idea of where you are at? 100k?

theres not that many 5-10 full ring games goin very much.. should i just skip it alltogether and play 10-20?

whats a good bb/100 in 3-6 and 5-10? and for 10-20? this is all assuming full ring.

what setup do people like? pokeroffice or pokertracker/playerview?

is the 3-6 game a bunch of tightass grinders?

ok.. not a lot more to ask. thanks.

holla

Dariel86
08-22-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokeroffice, Pokertracker and pokerace

raptor517
08-22-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokeroffice, Pokertracker and pokerace

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i know whats available, but i wanna know whats best. i have pokeroffice and pokertracker, and as of now i like office, though i hate how i can only play 8 tables with the live update working. rawr. holla

Lmn55d
08-22-2005, 01:39 PM
For winrate calculations check out this website:
http://www.svenskpoker.com/math.php?hands=42500&bb100=.94&std100=16.9578&ci=9 0&btnCalc=calculate

100k hands should give you a fairly good idea of how you're doing. 50k is eh. Very good players have reported breakeven streaks of 30k to 50k hands. Of course, when you've played your 100 thousandth hand, your instantaneous true win rate is much different than your average winrate over that period.

Don't stay at 3/6 for 100k hands though. If you have the bankroll and feel confident that you are playing well and can easily identify mistakes being made by others, then take a shot at a higher limit. Since winrates have such a wide margin of error due to the high standard deviation of limit holdem their value is often vastly overrated.

After you learn to beat 2/4 or 3/6 level full ring I highly recommend playing the 5/10 and 10/20 6max games on party. I thought I knew how to play poker before stepping into these games. 200k hands later I realize I had no clue. They will force you to deeply analyze marginal shorthanded situations. The games are better than their equivalent full ring game as well.

EDIT: Oh yea...get pokertracker and pokerace hud and use partymine to do some datamining.

PTjvs
08-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Pokertracker +Pokerace or GT+. PV is pointless as it isn't free, and is substantially better than the HUDs that ARE free.

3/6 is a fine game to play for a profit. Some grinders, but still plenty of morans. 5/10 full ring doesn't have a reputation as a very good game, 5/10 6max is a much easier game to turn a profit on.

jvs

raptor517
08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
ok thanks for the replies.. i have the roll to play much higher, i just want to make sure i can beat the game before i step it up.

say you make.. 1bb/100, which, as far as i can tell, is a good solid win rate even at 3-6. sure, 2bb per and maybe even more would be doable.. how long can you break even? say.. over 10 million hands. and.. whats yer biggest bb drop? anyone done calcs on this recently? holla

Lmn55d
08-22-2005, 03:23 PM
I would shoot for 2BB+ at 3/6. 3+ is possible for the best players. 1BB/100-2 is decent.

Nick Royale
08-22-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokertracker +Pokerace or GT+. PV is pointless as it isn't free, and is substantially better than the HUDs that ARE free.

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I compared GT+ and PV, PV was way better. I haven't tried Pokerace. PV displays stats on tables you don't sit at and you're able to costumize the stats it shows. Unless GT+ have been greatly upgraded I think PV is worth the money.

PTjvs
08-22-2005, 03:27 PM
PA is widely considered an upgrade compared to GT+, and perhaps slightly worse than PV.

jvs

brettbrettr
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PA is widely considered an upgrade compared to GT+, and perhaps slightly worse than PV.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]

I sed PV for a while but switched to PA. It seems to run smoother. The only thing they need to do is make the shown cards appear longer. Its quite brief and if you're multitabling often you miss it.

raptor517
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would shoot for 2BB+ at 3/6. 3+ is possible for the best players. 1BB/100-2 is decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, in stts, a lot of people say at the 33s on down about how oh, i do 35% roi blah blah, well, they dont. so.. i duno, thats why im just tryin to make sure.. i think 2bb/100 is quite a bit more than decent anyways.. holla