PDA

View Full Version : This Just In - Inspections WERE Working.........

Dr Wogga
04-04-2003, 09:36 AM
......from FOX News

Friday, April 04, 2003

NEAR BAGHDAD, Iraq — Thousands of boxes of white powder, nerve agent antidote, unidentified liquid and Arabic documents on how to engage in chemical warfare were found by U.S. troops Friday at an industrial site south of Baghdad, a U.S. officer said Friday."

Yeah, those inspections sure were working. God bless America and our allies. God damn the spineless. God damn the countries who harbor terrorists - may they rot in hell!

adios
04-04-2003, 10:04 AM
This report as many others is unconfirmed and I believe is now being reported as a whole lot of nothing which has been the case in many reports. Apparently the news media doesn't bother confirming the validity of the their stories anymore.

Dr Wogga
04-04-2003, 10:45 AM
...I guess all these embedded reporters are all part of the right-wing conspiracy. Oh yeah, inspections work Mr Chirac, they certainly do. The US military is nothing but a bunch of "cowboys" ................uh hmmmmmmmm. Good one Tom

adios
04-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Actually I've been supportive of the administation as anyone knows who's read the forum. One has to wonder why pointing out the many erroneous reports in the media is akin to claiming a right wing conspiracy. I can only guess why that might be the case. Here's the latest article I found from AP regarding the white powder:

U.S. Troops Find Vials of White Powder (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030404/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_iraq_chemical)

From the article:

"U.S. troops found thousands of boxes of suspicious white powder, nerve agent antidote and Arabic documents on how to engage in chemical warfare south of Baghdad. But a senior U.S. official familiar with initial testing said the materials were believed to be explosives."

I can see you really aren't interested in any kind of rational dialog so you're now on my ignore list as well.

Dr Wogga
04-04-2003, 11:52 AM
.....you make a statement to the effect that "don't reporters check their facts anymore." Think about the pomposity of your statement for just one minute.

Imagine you're the embedded reporter in a foxhole with [censored] literally exploding all around you. A reprot comes in from oe of the company commanders regarding "thousands of boxes of white powder" or somthing to that effect. Do you:
a) Jump up out of your foxhole and run to the nearest Iraqi library to check those facts?
b) Report what you heard to the best of your ability
c) Report nothing and wait for confirmation, not knowing when, or if, you might be able to send in a report again.

In a perfect world, we want our facts straight the first time. Many of the reports from the battlefield are on the fly, often in a flurry of intense combat with explosions going off all around them. You cannot expect the reoprters to have all the information at the tips of their fingers as the reports are coming in from field operations. Think it through before you post on "changing" information - it's not meant for propaganda or dis-information purposes, nor is it ineptness. It is part of being in a very ugly, very dynamic, theatre of war.

Regards, DW

adios
04-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Coalition Discovers Suspicious Sites Near Baghdad (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83170,00.html)

From the article:

But a senior U.S. official in Washington who is familiar with initial testing said the materials at the first site were believed to be explosives.

"Initial reports are that the material is probably just explosives, but we're still going through the place," the official said.

There is absolutely no evidence that these sites contain materials the inspectors were looking for. So if they don't contain the materials they were looking for the inspectors couldn't have missed them.

nicky g
04-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Back in the day, anyone raiding Dubya's house would've found plenty more white powder.

brad
04-04-2003, 12:53 PM
both he and his father are reported to be on prozac.

Jimbo
04-04-2003, 01:12 PM
"both he and his father are reported to be on prozac."
Written by one who certainly is familiar with the delusional side effects of said drug.

brad
04-04-2003, 01:15 PM
youre not kidding my last girlfriend was on prozac. (i talked her into going off of it (she was on very low dose anyway) and she promtly dumped me.)

adios
04-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Definitely a weapon of mass destruction /forums/images/icons/grin.gif. Probably more so than the white powder found in Iraq today.

adios
04-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Haven't there been cases of people going nutso on Prozac by killing people?

Dr Wogga
04-04-2003, 01:58 PM
...."Apparently the news media doesn't bother confirming the validity of the their stories anymore" ......is what I objected to. I am not arguing with you that subsequent information may refute initial reports, just that in this real-time war situation, you can not expect field reporters to be able to research and validate every piece of information they receive. In a free and open society, it should be reoprted. It doesn't mean inherently that the reporters are trying to deceive, nor does it mean that they are incompetent, just that they should report as reponsibly as they can, the information they have obtained. Hopefully you can see my point and realize I can, and will, have a legitimate discussion over the issues.

Dr Wogga
04-04-2003, 02:08 PM
maybe that's why Mexico wouldn't fight - they think Dubya's a competitor?

Chris Alger
04-04-2003, 05:50 PM
The "nerve agent antidote" is undoubtedly atropine, which can be found in every vessel and station of the US armed forces. Atropine Syrettes used to be in every shipboard first aid kit, maybe they still are. It isn't banned, and no sensible military doesn't have a lot of it. This is common knowledge among anyone who's served in the US armed forces, but Fox probably just forgot to mention it.

White powder and documents too? Probably sounds pretty sinister to the sort of mentality that Fox targets.

Jimbo
04-04-2003, 06:03 PM
"[/b]Probably sounds pretty sinister to the sort of mentality that Fox targets.[/b]"

I suppose that would be me and my other inbred hillbilly brethren.

adios
04-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Even Fox reported that the "white powder" wasn't an ingredient for a WMD which is why I posted the Fox news report. Apparently Wogga didn't read the entire article or can't.

Chris Alger
04-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

John Cole
04-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Unfortunately, in many places in our country, that is a WMD.

Cyrus
04-05-2003, 02:54 AM
"God bless America and our allies. God damn the spineless. God damn the countries who harbor terrorists - may they rot in hell!"

Somebody open the damn window. With Wogga onboard, the level of debate is a cinch to get highly odorous.

Dr Wogga
04-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Not emanting here Cyrus, the all-knowing. Your vision of the world is a joke. Whatever side you are on, it will always be anti-American, pro-Arab, anti-Israel. Hum, dee, dum. Nothing changes, The alpha-males are in Baghdad. You and Chris Alger should strap some explosives on and head on over and take on the greatest, most righteous fighting force the earth has ever seen. Unlike Arab terrorists, we use our might discriminately. Face it. Your buddies Saddam and that ole' dribbler Arafat have been rendered meaningless - which we all knew they were all along. Another liberal loss. Tsk! Tsk! Now France, Germany, and Russia want to be part of the reconstruction of Iraq and it should be UN-directed. Ha, ha, ha, ha......UN-directed....what a joke. Elitist a-holes the UN. Elitist and irrelevent......just like liberals and Arab terrorists

Ray Zee
04-05-2003, 11:29 PM
doc, the reporters do need to put it out when they get it. but they also need to verify any story that has ramafications like this. it is irresponsible to put out false stories(stories you just heard and havnt seen any facts to support it) just to be first to get a scoop. doing that loses all your credibility.

andyfox
04-06-2003, 12:28 AM
"Now France, Germany, and Russia want to be part of the reconstruction of Iraq"

The British also want to be part of the reconstruction and have complained that we have left them out too.

Nothing changes indeed.

Parmenides
04-06-2003, 08:19 AM
You sure are quick to believe US propaganda. If the US reports the Iraqi's are using large amounts of chemical weapons, then perhaps you can believe that they have them.

The US is compelled to plant small amounts at this point to justify an illegal invasion. No analysis of the supposed chemicals have been given. No independent audit of the process has been arranged.

To date, the USA has reported no Iraqi use of chemical nor biological weapons.