PDA

View Full Version : Party button error?

jdl22
08-22-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm surprised I've never noticed this, and it's probably been mentioned before but I think Party messes up when the big blind is eliminated. I could be wrong here, but when the bb is eliminated there is no SB for the next hand. That's fine, but the hand after that the player who was the BB last hand becomes the button and doesn't have to pay the small blind.

So it goes like this:
4 players A,B,C,D seated in that order with A as button. C busts on hand. Next hand D is BB with B button. The hand after that D is button, A is sb and C bb.

Am I imagining this? Is this the way it's supposed to go?

citanul
08-22-2005, 12:49 AM
since "the way it's supposed to go" is however party says it is, yes, it is the way it's supposed to go.

citanul

johnnybeef
08-22-2005, 12:59 AM
technically, yes, the big blind takes presedence. however, in party's software, the button is trump.

jon462
08-22-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
technically, yes, the big blind takes presedence. however, in party's software, the button is trump.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe in sit n' goes. It goes crazy when you play.. say a speed multi, late in the game where one person (at least) is going out just about every hand.. I saw the button go backwards about 5-6 hands in a row once, cuz PP wants to put every new person to join the table in the BB /images/graemlins/frown.gif