PDA

View Full Version : PS 45-player slumming- standard or lunacy?

Oluwafemi
08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
after apologizing to my beloved swivel chair following my most recent 11 buy-in drop, i settled in to playing a series of $1.20 45-player SNGs on Stars to focus on some basics and my longer range game. psychologically, i've been able to put all the bad beats and misfortunes by the wayside mostly because i've been focusing alot of energy on my 9-2-5, not playing much poker, and posting on 2+2. although i've only played in three 45-players recently, i've placed in the top 5 in all three. this is a hand from one that i don't like, but then i think, how much of a choice did i have?

3-handed, blinds 600/1200, ante 75.

both of the bigger stacks have played a pretty good game but i've had more experience playing against big stack#1 through the tournament. most of what i've seen from big stack#2 has been at the final 9 table but he's done his thing well enough. i felt this was a good blind stealing oppurtunity because #1 saw me show down winning hands throughout the tourney and gave me respect on several raising hands. my problem was #2 with the monstrous stack who had'nt seen me play as much.

big stack#1: 16882 after posting 1200 BB and 75 ante [?]
Hero: 5790 after posting 75 ante 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
big stack#2: 43403 after posting 600 SB and 75 ante [?]

Hero pushes 5790 all-in.

Comments.

MonkeeMan
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Looks to be a routine push here, as you are quickly losing fold equity. Worst case, you come in 3rd, which is where you are headed w/o pushing.

jon462
08-22-2005, 04:58 PM
i think you have just about 0 FE here, esp from the BB.
I probably fold and call a push from BB if you have a face cards, pair, or 2 cards above a 6 /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Really though, you are so outchipped by both of them i dont think blind stealing is gonna get you where you need to be, yer gonna hafta double up a few times (i.e. get lucky)

Oluwafemi
08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably fold and call a push from BB if you have a face cards, pair, or 2 cards above a 6 /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Really though, you are so outchipped by both of them i dont think blind stealing is gonna get you where you need to be, yer gonna hafta double up a few times (i.e. get lucky)

[/ QUOTE ]

now that i think of it, [blind stealing oppurtunity] in this spot was totally the wrong thinking to begin with.

jon462
08-23-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that i think of it, [blind stealing oppurtunity] in this spot was totally the wrong thinking to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that i look, at your original post again is ee the massive stack is in SB, and the BB only has about 3.2x your stack. That changes things slightly (he calls you win you two are even).. but not much. I think it is defensible but I still fold.