PDA

View Full Version : Overplaying flush on the river??

SackUp
08-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Villain is 52/20/2

overplayed on the river??

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (3 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

kerrizor
08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Just to point out, the nature of your question leads the reader to assume an outcome, so its hard to say... but capping was probably not the wisest. Villain is playing this like a flush draw, you're not nut, so what realisticly could you expect Villain to 3-bet with? 10-high, J-high flush?

shant
08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is playing this like a flush draw, you're not nut, so what realisticly could you expect Villain to 3-bet with? 10-high, J-high flush?

[/ QUOTE ]
What about with an Ace?

Also, villain only raised the river, and the OP 3-bet it.

kerrizor
08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is playing this like a flush draw, you're not nut, so what realisticly could you expect Villain to 3-bet with? 10-high, J-high flush?

[/ QUOTE ]
What about with an Ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was my point. Why would the BB slow-play "just" an A on the flop with the 2-flush on board? Waiting for the turn to get a better price on slowing the flush draw down? (I dunno, maybe I'm just gun-shy after having my flushes notched about 8 times last night at 10/20)

[ QUOTE ]
Also, villain only raised the river, and the OP 3-bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

kerriz0r tired. english hard.

SackUp
08-21-2005, 11:38 PM
ya it definitely looks like he is on a flush draw as well. But I also don't know that I can give him a K high flush just by raising me. Nor can I fold the cap. I also thought he migh have an A and got scared, but that seemed odd with his numbers as he has decently aggro stats.

Try to guess what villain had. I think you will be very shocked.

hobbsmann
08-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I like it. Given villian has stats of a donkey LAG not 3-betting the river is giving up too much value IMO and furthermore calling his cap is easy even though you will end up losing to both the one higher flush and a full house ocassionally.

KramerTM
08-21-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put Villain on KK here.

shant
08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's either that, AA, or AK. People are awesome at slowplaying.

hobbsmann
08-21-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or some horribly overplayed hand like a pair of kings.

clownshoes
08-22-2005, 12:06 AM
You cant make your hand then say "oh" then sit down and fiddle with yourself. Of course you had to raise. Sure he slowplayed something stupid and you lost, so what. Thats poker.

kerrizor
08-22-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A7. People are awesome at sucking out right when you hit your hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SackUp
08-22-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it was AK. he's a buddylister now.

SackUp
08-22-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cant make your hand then say "oh" then sit down and fiddle with yourself. Of course you had to raise. Sure he slowplayed something stupid and you lost, so what. Thats poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

very constructive and insightful. best poster award candidate.