PDA

View Full Version : dell m992 crt monitor

chesterp
08-21-2005, 10:45 PM
so in this small town i'm in, this seems to be the only ad in the paper for a monitor that is good for poker with no overlap. just want to make sure i'm right in this. dell m992 crt. looks like new it's close to 300, selling it for 100, very little used. sounds good, right? i doubt i could do better through other cheap sites.

Full specs
General
Display type Display:CRT

Display (projector) diagonal size 19 in

Viewable screen size 18 in

Compatibility PC

Width 17.3 in

Depth 18.3 in

Height 17.7 in

Weight 46.3 lbs

Software type Drivers & Utilities

Controls Zoom,, Degauss,, Contrast,, H/V size,, Rotation,, H/V moire,, Trapezoid,, Brightness,, Pincushion,, Pin balance,, H/V position,, Color balance,, Parallelogram,, Color temperature,
Max resolution 1600 x 1200

Dot pitch 0.243 mm

Max sync rate (V x H) 160 Hz x 96 KHz
Video Input
Input device type None

Analog video signal RGB
Power
Power device type Power supply

Power consumption operational 110 Watt

Operational power consumption (standby) 3 Watt
Connectivity
Cable(s) included 1 x VGA cable

08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
It looks fine for your planned usage.

There is a new one (http://cgi.ebay.com/Never-Used-19-Dell-M992-Monitor-Flat-Screen-CRT_W0QQitemZ5233580059QQcategoryZ3696QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) on EBay for $95, but then you have to deal with shipping charges. Used ones look to bring $65-80.

You may want to use this information to try and get your local price down a bit, but for $100, how much can you really save vs. time.

Just make sure to test the unit prior to purchase and make sure you do not have any color issues. Also, inspect the cable and pins good for damage.