PDA

View Full Version : AQs Terrible river 10/20

JKratzer
08-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Villian $1000, a little loose, no other reads. I cover.

I raise $80 in MP w/ AQ /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif. Villian calls on button.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet $150, villian calls.

Turn J /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, Villian bets $200, I raise $400. Villian calls.

River 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
(Pot $1290, Villian has $400)

JKratzer

Big_Jim
08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Why the check-minraise on the turn? It seems like this gives away your hand too much without getting enough money in the pot, or getting enough information about Villian's hand. I think Villian is very capable of making a smooth call with a made boat, and definately with a 7. It's also possible that he called you just so he could make a move if a scare card came off.

Yes... very crappy river card, and stack sizes are just horrible for this situation, and your hand is transparent to the villian.

Since it's very unlikely that a worse hand will call you here, I think that a check/call is the way to go against an aggressive player, and check/fold against a weak/straightfoward player.

whodaman
08-22-2005, 02:31 AM
i dont think your hand is transparent. I am not normally putting someone who raised preflop and c/r when the flush hit on the flush.

The river card sucks. I would check. If he bets i dont know what to do. I think i fold to most bets here.