PDA

View Full Version : ATo, So much for limiting the field

JDErickson
08-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Opponent 10/4

Turn play???

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB raises, Hero ???

W. Deranged
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Against a 10/4 opponent you can probably fold here.

They are only coming in with good cards into this pot. The only "good card" hands that find a reason to check-raise the turn are probably sets.

You have no outs against a set. MP2 could be on a draw further limiting your equity. You are still vulnerable to overcards as well.

I think you can find a fold here.

Carmine
08-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I will give you an arguement for continuing on. Weather it is correct I will leave to others. My first thought was to fold for the reasons Deranged gave...However....

Even though the pot is protected and the most likely hand for villian is a set or an overpair. I think at least 1 out of 11 times SB puts MP2 on a flush draw and you with missed overs. He pushes you out and he can take it down with a river bet against a whiffed draw. That along with the possibilty of a weaker ten gives just enough to continue on...Maybe...

hobbsmann
08-21-2005, 11:39 PM
how many hands do you have on this guy? With less than 50-75 or so I would call down. On the other hand I would lean towards folding if the sample size was decent (&gt;75) for the reasons W gave.

JDErickson
08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
207 hands on him.

AF
Flop = 2.33
Turn = 3.00
river = 0.00
Total 1.92

Would a 3 bet fold to a cap be in line?

W. Deranged
08-21-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Against a 10/4 opponent you can probably fold here.

They are only coming in with good cards into this pot. The only "good card" hands that find a reason to check-raise the turn are probably sets.

You have no outs against a set. MP2 could be on a draw further limiting your equity. You are still vulnerable to overcards as well.

I think you can find a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing to consider here is that the fact that the pot is multiway makes it much, much less likely that this bet is a bluff or a "move" of any kind.

TemetNosce
08-22-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another thing to consider here is that the fact that the pot is multiway makes it much, much less likely that this bet is a bluff or a "move" of any kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point here.

Heads up, you'd have to call, too much of a chance check-raiser is making a move. Multiway, you are almost certainly looking at a set of threes or eights.

08-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I would call. I guess you are beat most of the time, in this protected pot, but some people might wait for a safe turn card to raise a weaker T, testing if you are betting overcards, with an increased chance of actually protecting the pot on the more expensive street.
Raising, folding to a cap, is another viable option I guess, but I dont see myself folding here.

JDErickson
08-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Sometimes when I get in the zone I tend to get hyper agressive. Sometimes this is good and others bad.

My hyper agressiveness killed me at 5/10 6 max yesterday but worked well at 5/10 full

I 3 bet the turn, everyone folded and SB called. River was a blank, Sb checked, I bet and he called. He showed QTs (not clubs) and my hand was good.

flair1239
08-22-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
207 hands on him.

AF
Flop = 2.33
Turn = 3.00
river = 0.00
Total 1.92

Would a 3 bet fold to a cap be in line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want to see his "fold on the turn to a bet". The agg rating of 3 on the turn suggests to me that he is typically dumping on the turn (probably dumping too much).

I would also look at his WTSD%.

If folding is driving his turn aggression that high and his WTSD is something like &lt;32, then I am folding.

however I would consider three betting if he is one of those players that play really aggressive on turns.

However judging by his PF stats, you are dealing with a rock who is check raising for value. on a relatively uncoordinated board (within the rage of hands that he would call with from the SB.), there are only a few hands that would justify such a move on his part.

In this situation I would say it is optimistic that you are drawing to 5 outs. I tend to think you are drawing to (2). Against this opponent I would fold.