PDA

View Full Version : help me settle an argument, aka prove me right

Voltron87
08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
last night, i had an argument with a friend. we both got really drunk at this party and i crashed at his place. long story short-

when your dehydrated you sweat a lot, true or false? and if you wake up in the middle of the night sweating, drinking 50 oz of water will help this, right?

morgan180
08-21-2005, 10:11 PM
to a point its true - like being hung over dehydrated yes you sweat alot. and yes water will definitely help. the krebs cycle, which is the main cycle that provides the body energy, uses water as a main ingredient in breaking down fats and carbs to produce energy. when you are dehydrated this cycle doesn't work efficiently and is replaced by increased metabolism (increased body temp) to break down these fats and carbs to produce energy, hence sweating.

Nathan183
08-21-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
drinking 50 oz of water will help this, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that will help, but that's a ridiculous amount of water to be drinking at once.

tonypaladino
08-21-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that will help, but that's a ridiculous amount of water to be drinking at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I sometimes drink a 1.5litre bottle at a time, isn't that like 50 ox? But I'm used to it. If Voltron doesn't normally drink water,he might not wanna do it

Voltron87
08-21-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I sometimes drink a 1.5litre bottle at a time, isn't that like 50 ox? But I'm used to it. If Voltron doesn't normally drink water,he might not wanna do it

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally drink tons of water, and im a pretty large person. 50oz might be a little overboard, but i was very very dehydrated.

PorscheNGuns
08-21-2005, 10:50 PM
on a related note, why does one sweat a lot in his sleep after a long night of cocaine? Any way to prevent this?

-Matt

Voltron87
08-21-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on a related note, why does one sweat a lot in his sleep after a long night of cocaine? Any way to prevent this?

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never done cocaine, but tomorrow night ill pick some up so i can get an answer for you.

im guessing it has something to do with coke putting your body in overdrive and amping you up.

CrashPat
08-22-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't use as much cocaine. Problem solved.

meleader2
08-22-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't use as much cocaine. Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

or tell ur dealer to suck a nut and not sell u coke cut with laxative. if ur trying to sleep after snorting than it wasn't good coke.

or pop a xanax.