PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 Live Hand - AKs UTG

augie00
08-21-2005, 09:25 PM
2/5 Blinds $300 Max buyin game at Turning Stone

Hero makes it $20 to go with A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. Folded around to a fat, smelly, black guy with rediculous sunglasses on and an mp3 player in the BB. It's not an ipod so he's a small timer at best. Anyway, he calls.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks and I quickly bet $20. He quickly raises it to $40. He sounds confident. I sit and think for a minute, and decide to make it $100 straight because I think I have him crushed and want to keep him in the hand. He quickly calls.

The turn is the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks and I hesitate before checking behind. Although I figured to have him crushed on the flop I'd prefer the pot not to get too large as the jack may have helped him.

The river is the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, a complete brick. He checks and I realize there's no way I'm behind here, and bet $65. He calls quickly.

The Ocho
08-21-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mp3 player in the BB. It's not an ipod so he's a small timer at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was once accosted by a homeless person who owned an IPod. He was hardly what I'd call a big timer.

By the way, do your best to get it all in on the flop (or failing that, the turn) in a small capped no limit game like this. No use trapping when the guy only has 50 blinds or so.

MINETZ
08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was once accosted by a homeless person who owned an IPod. He was hardly what I'd call a big timer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd bet pretty much anything that I Pod was stolen, I think betting the turn is the best way to get all of this mans checks.
Noah

AZK
08-21-2005, 11:58 PM
This post makes no sense.

augie00
08-22-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This post makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best response to a hand post in the history of 2+2.

Allinlife
08-22-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He sounds confident. I sit and think for a minute, and decide to make it $100 straight because I think I have him crushed and want to keep him in the hand. He quickly calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
and the most logical reasoning prize goes to..

augie00
08-22-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He sounds confident. I sit and think for a minute, and decide to make it $100 straight because I think I have him crushed and want to keep him in the hand. He quickly calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
and the most logical reasoning prize goes to..

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, now I really have no idea what's going on.

tdarko
08-22-2005, 01:43 AM
your betting really confused me but my question is this:

on the turn when the jack hits you said you checked b/c you didn't want the pot to get too large as the jack may have helped him but you make a $65 bet into a $300+ pot on the river when he has checked in front of you?

did your feeling about the jack change on the river? if not why not just just check it for a free showdown? b/c the river bricked shouldn't change what you had him on on 4th street.

you are telling me that you changed your mind from the turn where you put him on potentially AJ to the river where you then decided he missed his flush draw and made tiny bet trying to "entice" a call.

if this were a deep stack game i would have just pushed on you.

edge
08-22-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he recharge it?

augie00
08-22-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
did your feeling about the jack change on the river? if not why not just just check it for a free showdown? b/c the river bricked shouldn't change what you had him on on 4th street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think him checking on 4th and 5th street demonstrated that the jack did not hit him. He may have bet on 4th street but the fact that he didn't bet on 5th street strongly suggests that he did not improve on this board.

[ QUOTE ]
you are telling me that you changed your mind from the turn where you put him on potentially AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I decided that he couldn't check a hand on the turn and river that beats me.

Ojo_Rojo
08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folded around to a fat, smelly, black guy with rediculous sunglasses on and an mp3 player in the BB. It's not an ipod so he's a small timer at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You snob. I have an MP3 player, and some of my best friends have MP3 players. Watch your back.

Ojo_Rojo

augie00
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folded around to a fat, smelly, black guy with rediculous sunglasses on and an mp3 player in the BB. It's not an ipod so he's a small timer at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You snob. I have an MP3 player, and some of my best friends have MP3 players. Watch your back.

Ojo_Rojo

[/ QUOTE ]

*WARNING* Jokes are not tolerated here at 2+2 *WARNING*