PDA

View Full Version : Made flush on flop... how much to bet?

AtticusFinch
08-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Ok, feeling a little rusty after my break. This feels like it ought to be obvious, but I'll ask anyway.

$109 SNG, on BB with Jc4c, 25/50 blinds. 4 limpers, I check.

Flop comes 6c7c9c.

I come out betting 125 (half the pot). Folded to the button, who pushes in his 875 remaining chips. I call and villain turns over 10c2c.

I'm curious mostly about my flop bet. Did I leave some money on the table here? Alternatively, is my bet too small considering how many players are in? After all, I don't want AcX getting odds to take off a card because of an in-between caller. Comments?

Freudian
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
I think it is fine. Once you start getting too tricky with bet sizes people will smell something is up and be even less likely to give you action.

I don't think you can play your hand solely from a protect-from-Ac-perspective. That way you will shut out hands that want to call but are drawing slim/very slim. Of course if someone calls and a non-club falls on the turn I think you need to bet the turn strongly.

ChuckNorris
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, my "standard" bet in many situations, including this one, is about 2/3 pot. I rarely bet less in multiway pots, unless my hand is virtually safe from draws. Heads up 1/2 pot is often enough, but here I don't like giving odds to draws, and it's nice to get better value too.

Edit: after taking a closer look at the flop, you might want to "lure in" those gutshots, OESD's and overcards here.