View Full Version : Wowie Zowie - Flush over Flush over Flush

Huh
04-03-2003, 11:39 PM
$3-$6 online game (7-handed). I am UTG with
A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
and open raise.
Get two callers plus the big blind.

Flop
A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet out and get called in two places. I was hoping someone would raise, since I really wanted to ram and jam with my Top-Pair good kicker and Nut flush draw.

Turn 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I bet our, np raises, nnp calls two cold, and I call.
I know I know I know, I should have probably raised here. I was slightly worried about a slow-played set...but thats probably not a good excuse. C

River is the Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . The perfect card.

I bet out, It gets raised, third player calls two cold, I re-raise, and both call.

I drag a $136 pot.

Went back to the logs to see what my opponents had..This is where it gets cool.

Opp 1 : 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
Opp 2 : 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

If that 6 : spades would have hit somewhere there is no telling how much money I would have lost. Lol

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Homer
04-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Wow, only 7-handed too. Pretty incredible...

-- Homer

bernie
04-04-2003, 12:15 AM
your turn play is reasonable depending on the player.

if the str8 flush is possible, you may be facing 2 bets coming back to you after your intial bet on the river. and unless theyd jam a near nutter or any flush here, it may be a good sign. just be sure of the player(s) before you fold.

i got into this type of situation long ago. i flopped top set. on the turn 4 players his the flush, and i made a FH on the river. a very interesting thread came out of that hand with dynasty and me studying when to pump draws, even if you know youre beat, on the turn.

based on that thread, and your read (unsure) thats what i base my evaluation of your turn play on. you dont have the right amount of players to pump it here if you think youre behind.

also notice...im assuming neither of the callers were in the blinds since it seems you acted first. maybe not. it wasnt that clear.

if they werent in the blinds, this is an example of why, if youre playing right, losing flush over flush isnt that common. you wouldnt have been playing those lesser hands in the spot they did. meaning, they shouldnt have been in the pot anyways. another way of looking at it. how would you have played their hands preflop? if you folded, you made that much more in chips than they did on top of the pot you won. make sense? it should.

nice hand...looks like a great game

b

Tyler Durden
04-04-2003, 08:58 AM
If the 6 of spades hit, there's no telling how much money I would have lost.

Sure there is. $24.

Bob T.
04-04-2003, 02:09 PM
If that 6 : spades would have hit somewhere there is no telling how much money I would have lost. Lol

Yeah there is, it was online, you would have lost $24 bucks on the river /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . Nice hand.

Lee Jones
04-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Heh. 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif would have been a dynamite river card.

The 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif would have been pretty funny too, but the T9 guy woulda missed the party.

Regards, Lee

bad beetz
04-04-2003, 03:18 PM
I don't think you have to re-raise the turn. I, too, would feel that I'm behind here.

I think the river is a toss up between check raising and betting out.

clearly the best way to play it would have been three bet the turn and lead the river, but that's being results oriented.

Jimbo
04-04-2003, 05:22 PM
This reminds me of a hand I saw on a 3/6 table at Party Poker last night. There is one limper in MP, the button raises, SB folds, BB and MP limper call. Flop comes 2 5 7 suits unimportant. The BB bets, MP raises, button 3 bets and BB caps. The turn is a J, (same action as before) BB bets, MP raises, Button 3 bets and BB caps. River brings an ace, the action is dupilcated, capped and all call. At the showdown the BB flopped a set of 5's, on the turn MP made a set of jacks and the button made top set on the river.

Talk about the best hand holding up!!!!!! Set over Set over Set!

bernie
04-04-2003, 11:13 PM
the aces shouldve folded the turn. unless he had a flush draw. depending on the players, he shouldve known he was beat on the turn. he won the pot, but lost a ton of chips, longrunwise, doing it.

hope he threw rice at the wedding

b