PDA

View Full Version : KJo against TA-A

Falcon900EX
08-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Villian is TA-A ,MP3 is LP-A on the other guys i had no read.
I think i should call the the turn bet and not raise what you guys think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Tx

Piiop
08-21-2005, 08:46 PM
You should raise this preflop. I'm assuming MP3 is a pretty bad player since he's rated LPA and open limped in MP3. CO probably doesn't have anything going on and KJo is defintely ahead of their hand range here. You have the best position so you can use that to your advantage. If you can help it, you don't want to play a pot with the TAG. You sit to his right so when you raise he folds, and you get the bad players all to yourself.

Since the TAG didn't check-raise the flop, which he should've done with anything medium strength, he almost definitely has a draw (JT is likely). He may have like 44 and is planning to wait til the turn. When he bets the turn, I probably wouldn't raise. He's not betting here on a bluff. Since you did raise and he 3bet, you can fold the river.

pokerjunky
08-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Donk bets in this situation aren't usually a good sign.

clownshoes
08-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Raise PF damnit.

Lmn55d
08-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I would raise preflop. If this guy is TAA, don't raise the turn. This is gonna be a hand that folds to a raise or is ready to 3bet pretty often. You gotta call a 3bet so a raise has less value b/c you can't fold to a 3bet. Fold the river, he's not 3betting the turn with a hand you beat.