PDA

View Full Version : KQ/ top pair aginst 4 players

reuasnibor
08-21-2005, 08:30 PM
5$/10$ (6handed)
Hero is dealt KQ on the button

Preflop:Utg raise,MPcalls,CO calls,Hero calls,BBcalls

Flop:Q63 rainbow
Utg bets,MP folds,Co raises,Hero 3bet,BB folds,Utg calls,Co caps,Utg and Hero calls

Turn:blank
Utg checks,co bets, Hero?

Should I fold preflop?

Nick C
08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you should do with KQo. Other people will (though a read on UTG would help). Edit: At a full table I would muck KQo without hesitation; I would at a 6-handed table as well, but that may be wrong.

Anyway, though, are you suited?

It makes a difference. (Edit: I would cold-call the KQs, but I don't know if that's right or not.)

brettbrettr
08-21-2005, 09:39 PM
I'd be inclined to fold KQo to an UTG raiser. With the cold-caller I think its a much easier fold.

ghcnoob
08-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Preflop: With 3 callers in front of you are getting 3/1 to call in best position...still, intuitively this seems like a fold. Suited might be different.

Flop seem ok...I'm suspicious of UTG calling 2 bets cold...he was the initial p/f raiser, so warning bells may be sounding. If he has a monster you are in trouble. If he has AK (both plausible from the way he played it) you look pretty good as he is drawing thin. The cutoff is is capping out of position so there is concern there. Calling might be prudent here, as this hand is hard to get away from if you raise and are reraised again on the turn

reuasnibor
08-21-2005, 09:49 PM
After the cap I was pretty sure I was behind and intend to fold the turn UI,should I call this down considering the potsize? The only hand I can see beating is an overplayed QJ or a KQ for a split