PDA

View Full Version : $100 on drinks

WackityWhiz
08-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm going to drop 100 bucks on some beer/liquor for my new apartment. I don't have a lot of money and when I do get liquor, I usually get the cheaper stuff. Right now I have a handle of Paramount Rum, handle of Bartons Vodka, and half a 750 of 151. I have some miller lite in the fridge as well. I'm looking to drop 100 bucks on some alcohol (beer or liquor) and I want you guys to help me out.

You could pick 3 things that are worth 100 or 10 things, I really don't care.

***edit - ok ok, i'll splurge, make it 200 on drinks... I can't really go higher than that.

pearljam
08-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Spend it on cocain, then play a 24 hour session of poker, then spend $500 on drinks.

jakethebake
08-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Why ask us? This really depends on what you like to drink. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cubswin
08-21-2005, 06:08 PM
let's play "guess the age of the OP"....

19 is my guess

MrTrik
08-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I'd get a big bottle of Vodka and a few cases of beer. Anything left over I'd buy a Clos Dubios Chardonnay for $10 or so and keep it in the fridge. Lots of women like wine. And it's +EV to have some around.

WackityWhiz
08-21-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why ask us? This really depends on what you like to drink. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

basically i've stuck to cheap vodka and rum when I drink. I'm up for anything that you guys suggest. I want to try different things

trying2learn
08-21-2005, 06:12 PM
you need tequila - if you don't want to spend too much - get bottle of petron or something like that.

of course...that's one of MANY options.

MrTrik
08-21-2005, 06:14 PM
For the rum instead of beer I would get bicardi. But a friend drinks this stuff called Callisto or something like that. I'ts about the cheapest rum in our stores. I tried it, it's not bad for the price. But like I said, bicardi is for me, both light and dark.

garyjacosta
08-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Knob Creek. That's all you really need

TheCroShow
08-21-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
let's play "guess the age of the OP"....

19 is my guess

[/ QUOTE ]

tolbiny
08-21-2005, 06:42 PM
this worked well (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=291299 0&Forum=,f20,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=29 12990&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8871&daterang e=1&newerval=3&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post2912990)

but def spend more than 4$.

brazilio
08-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Maker's Mark and Eagle River Rare, both excellent bourbons.

eastbay
08-21-2005, 06:56 PM
A dozen or so bottles of this should hold you:

http://www.cwine.com/ourbrands/Cisco/images/Cisco.jpg

eastbay

(PS My "responsible adult" side just got the best of me. Don't drink this like it's wine cooler. You could die.)

Burno
08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Stock your entire fridge with cans of Coors Light.

Sponger can probably help you out with this.

WackityWhiz
08-21-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A dozen or so bottles of this should hold you:

http://www.cwine.com/ourbrands/Cisco/images/Cisco.jpg

eastbay

(PS My "responsible adult" side just got the best of me. Don't drink this like it's wine cooler. You could die.)

[/ QUOTE ]

definately going to try this, there are only a few stores around my place that carry it according to this (http://www.cwine.com/index.jsp?link=ourbrands/Cisco/Cisco.htm)

also, here's a nice review from another site...

"Known as "liquid crack," for its reputation for wreaking more mental havoc than the cheapest tequila. Something in this syrupy hooch seems to have a synapse-blasting effect not unlike low-grade cocaine. The label insists that the ingredients are merely "citrus wine & grape wine with artificial flavor & artificial color," but anyone who has tried it knows better. Tales of Cisco-induced semi-psychotic fits are common. Often, people on a Cisco binge end up curled into a fetal ball, shuddering and muttering paranoid rants. Nudity and violence may well be involved too. Everyone who drinks this feels great at first, and claims, "It's not bad at all, I like it." But, you really do not want to mess around with this one, because they all sing a different tune a few minutes later. And by tune, I mean the psychotic ramblings of a raging naked bum. "

PorscheNGuns
08-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Well lets look at the factors involved here.

He is just moving into his new apartment. That immediately tells me he is returning to college for the Fall Semester.

He has a severe lack of developed taste or knowledge of alcohol , as demonstrated by his request, to an internet poker forum no less, for suggestions to fill his fridge based on a figure right out of left field ($100, wait, no, $200). This lack of taste is also often indicated by a preference for liquor over beer (we're talking males here). This puts his age range at no greater than 20, although 20 might be a stretch, and would suggest that he went through school as one of the older kids in his grade, and probably entered college at the age of 19.

This also tells us a few other things about the OP, however none have much to do with his age. The first being that he most likely does not go to a drinking school of any size or reputation, so you can eliminate University of Iowa. No, I would guess more likely he goes to Grandview College, a smaller school in Des Moines of about 2000 students. It also introduces the chance that he has very few friends, and/or that his social life does not involve partying (several other factors point to this as well, but Ill just drop this point). His $200 figure suggests he probably has a slightly higher than minimum wage job, but it would be hard to speculate exactly what kind of job (although the job probably doesnt involve interaction with other people, and certainly doesnt involve alcohol, like a restaurant for instance)

my guess is 19

-Matt

Cubswin
08-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Very good work... I was thinking community college but given you reasoning i think id like to change my guess...

WackityWhiz
08-21-2005, 08:08 PM
pretty good. I was normal age during high school and entered college at 18. I went to wichita state for 1 semester and had to move back to iowa because of shoulder surgery (putting my potential college bowling career behind me). I attend a community college in town because it's a cost efficient way for me to get my AA degree and move onto a larger college at the end of this year. I usually party with the same ~10 people, 2-3 times a week. My job has been poker for the last 2 years, so that assumption was good as well. I also prefer liquor to beer.

I'm 20... but all I wanted was a few good suggestions about beer/liquor. Good job on the detective work though.

Drew16
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to drop 100 bucks on some beer/liquor for my new apartment. I don't have a lot of money and when I do get liquor, I usually get the cheaper stuff. Right now I have a handle of Paramount Rum, handle of Bartons Vodka, and half a 750 of 151. I have some miller lite in the fridge as well . I'm looking to drop 100 bucks on some alcohol (beer or liquor) and I want you guys to help me out.

You could pick 3 things that are worth 100 or 10 things, I really don't care.

***edit - ok ok, i'll splurge, make it 200 on drinks... I can't really go higher than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Step 1.) Throw away all the Miller Lite.
Step 2.) Buy $200 worth of Old Style (600 12oz. cans).
Step 3.) Enjoy.

Brain
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
You might want to go to an intermediate liquor stage after cheap vodka/rum, but before gin and bourbon. Could start with Jack, Captain Morgan, tequila...this is all I can come up with right now.

STLantny
08-21-2005, 08:31 PM
I would stock, one of every bottle of mid-grade stuff.
Rum, tequilla, vodka, bourbon, jack, gin, vermouth. Spend about 15-20$ per 750ml bottle. Dont buy any high quality stuff, unless you specificallyl like one of those liquors more than the otehr, because I can bet 500$ that your friends and you will go through that bar real quick, if you party semi-regularily. Save the other 100$ to restock, and dont forget your mixers to go with it.

Brain
08-21-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't know much about vermouth, but I didn't know anybody in college who drank martinis. I think it would be safe to skip this one and buy an extra bottle of something else.

eastbay
08-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Don't say you weren't warned. The worst hangover of my life by far was the result of this stuff. My head was pounding so hard you could literally see it, from the outside - my scalp was pulsating. And I'm not making that up. It was horrible.

eastbay

Jules22
08-22-2005, 02:59 AM
http://www.ostenfeld.k-net.dk/~teddy/bar/jagermeister.JPG

battschr
08-22-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.ostenfeld.k-net.dk/~teddy/bar/jagermeister.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]
Gross.

DasLeben
08-22-2005, 03:03 AM