PDA

View Full Version : Ugly 73s hand

wheelz
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
SB is a TAG, other two aren't horrible, but they are bad... both bought in for like $408 dollars or something ridiculous. No one is overly loose preflop though, don't let the family pot fool you.

Prima Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls (?), UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks (!!), Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (15 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font> /images/graemlins/frown.gif, Hero calls, CO calls.

Nick C
08-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't know the limit you're playing at all, but I'll try to get this started.

SB's check/3-bet is a worry, I think, since there's a good chance it means either a big made hand or a big draw. It's not a tragedy for you if he just has 44, but that hand would cut into your equity. And you really don't want to be up against another flush draw here.

But I'd be staying in (well, unless I started thinking of it as $60 to me instead of 3 SBs and decided just to fold leave the table). I'd be hoping for JTs or something like K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or AJs.

I think SB turn check-call is really troubling. I hope it's just an overs/straight-draw type hand now, but I'm worried. Still, I'm calling again.

SB's river bet is no big surprise. I guess I call and pray, but I'm really expecting to lose here.

irishpint
08-21-2005, 06:35 PM
is a fold to the 3 cold on the flop ok? we dont have the nut flush- or close to it. SB might be playing the set game, which means we could make our flush and still lose. and no doubt we'd have to call a turn bet (although weird, we didn't).

actually, after doing the math, we're getting like 5:1 on the flop, so I guess we have to make that call, dont we? weird...before doing the calcs i would have folded in a second.

wheelz
08-21-2005, 08:04 PM
I considered folding the flop and the river (the river I was real close to doing it), but don't know if I can fold either

wackjob
08-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Well played. I'm not folding here just about ever. You are going to make 2pair hands and sets pay a lot here &amp; you have the odds. I think you will infrequently see another flush.

yanicehand
08-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Is it really bad that I fold here having it come 3cold back to me? At that point I'm really scared that I'm up against at least one hand that is a pair/flush draw or a flushdraw/straight draw, more likely a set... something that will crack me even if I hit, which I never do anyways. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

New001
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well played. I'm not folding here just about ever. You are going to make 2pair hands and sets pay a lot here &amp; you have the odds. I think you will infrequently see another flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You saw the board paired on the river too, right? I think I'm calling here, but I hate doing it.

wheelz
08-21-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you will infrequently see another flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone agrees for the most part so far, I guess I did indeed play it fine, but I have to disagree that I'll see another flush infrequently. The SB is a TAG, he knows what he's doing, and I don't see what his line represents other than a flush.

MAxx
08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
i don't think you can get away from it either. i agree with your assessment of SB if he is as solid as you say.

Nick C
08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you will infrequently see another flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone agrees for the most part so far, I guess I did indeed play it fine, but I have to disagree that I'll see another flush infrequently. The SB is a TAG, he knows what he's doing, and I don't see what his line represents other than a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think he has a flush.

Jgents
08-22-2005, 02:19 AM
The river is troubling, because CO is still left to act and is possible he just filled up and SB played his hand like a flush draw which if true means a lot of time he has a higher flush. If you were closing the action on the river getting 12-1 then this is a call, as you only need your hand to be good 8% of the time for the call to be profitable and I like your chances to be ahead more than that here. With CO left, however, to act this becomes more sticky, but I still call...unless I am absolutely sure I'm beaten before SB and CO act at the river.

wheelz
08-22-2005, 02:27 AM
CO doesn't really worry me on the river though. He would've capped the flop with JT/set I think. He's probably got a J, could even just have a T... he's not very good.

I'm pretty damn sure the SB has me beat, but to fold I have to be 93.75% sure. I don't think I'm ever that sure. Maybe he has 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif...

baronzeus
08-22-2005, 02:34 AM
I like it. I actually am not sure if SB plays a flush on the flop like that, since it might knock out both you and CO. I like all streets I think. No way I'd fold that flop, since it looks like hes trying to get rid of me more than anything else.

MarkD
08-22-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it really bad that I fold here having it come 3cold back to me? At that point I'm really scared that I'm up against at least one hand that is a pair/flush draw or a flushdraw/straight draw, more likely a set... something that will crack me even if I hit, which I never do anyways. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not that bad. But I call on this flop and think it's the right play. It is very close though and folding can not be that wrong.