PDA

View Full Version : margin walker - online 20/40

astroglide
04-03-2003, 06:53 PM
loose/bad utg raiser, called by terrible mp poster and worse button (calls 3bets with 5ts, etc). i call in the sb with ATo, bb calls.

flop 975 rainbow. i check, bb checks, utg bets, all call.

turn J completing rainbow. i check, bb checks, utg bets, terrible two call and i call. bb folds.

river 8, i bet, utg folds, terrible two call.

PokerPrince
04-03-2003, 08:04 PM
I'de fold to the flop bet. Hitting your Ace might be good but your 10 coming complements that board too much for it to be worth it. Out of position to boot and you have an easy flop fold. Peeling for overcards is something that should be done on rare occasions in the right spots. I don't think this is one of them.

PokerPrince

elysium
04-03-2003, 11:06 PM
hi astro
astro, even if the players are playing badly, nenver call with this hand except in steal conditions. what you may be missing here is that your position severely hurts you with this holding. your position kills your implied odds because you never know if your leading when you haven't hit powerfully, and it hurts you when your opponents have a stonger hand than your good hand when you flop medium strongly. position, not the opponents here astro. you would think that with weak opponents you're sitting pretty. and you are, but now you check, and they check behind. you don't improve, but they may have. you fear another check behind so you bet, and they raise. now if you call, another obne can raise from behind. this happens often enough so that even when you usually win with this hand from that position, you don't win as much as you could; and when you lose, you always lose more than you should. and more likely to muck the winner and call down with the loser. that over-shadows all other considerations. it's impossible to win with that holding not because of opponents but because of the strain of poor position.