PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to 10/20.....

PokerBob
08-21-2005, 02:53 PM
....and these hyper aggro fucks are giving me fits. Any major problems with this? I was uncomfortable the whole way. pf 3-bettor is 29/23/1.7. original raiser is 37/10/1.5.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Subby
08-21-2005, 03:06 PM
The only thing that I don't like is that you called the turn raise and then folded for one bet on the river. Aside from one of your two outs, what other cards on the river would have kept you in?

MicroBob
08-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I fold to MP's check-raise on the turn.

or....maybe not...just noticed you've almost got enough odds to draw to your set there (although with 3 spades out it might not be good and I think folding is still best)

FWIW - There are plenty of 60/40's and 45/0's to be found at 10/20 (says the guy who has run back to the comfort of 5/10 because 10/20 swings are just too wacky to handle)

Danenania
08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I'd check/call the flop and donk a safe turn.

RunDownHouse
08-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Would you check/3bet the flop, or call two cold, if it went, check/bet/raise? I'm guessing that a spade isn't all that scary here, so would any card under, say, a J, be "safe?"

Just curious about the 10/20 game.

Danenania
08-21-2005, 03:25 PM
If the flop went check, bet, raise, I would fold without much hesitation.

I would actually consider a safe (enough) turn card to be any card except an A. How high the card is will determine whether or not to call down a raise.

beachbum
08-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Any /images/graemlins/spade.gif, preferably paint.

Catt
08-21-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that I don't like is that you called the turn raise and then folded for one bet on the river. Aside from one of your two outs, what other cards on the river would have kept you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a spade, but I wouldn't be in love with my 8-high one card flush and a spade may just end up costing us.

arkady
08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
i would bet and fold to a raise on the turn, the whole hand feels like a lot of chip spewing.

sam h
08-21-2005, 06:24 PM
I like both check-calling the flop and betting out on good turn cards (my preference) and checkraising the flop (second best, IMO) better than your line. Once you bet and get raised, three-betting the flop is just spewing.

I don't see how anybody can advocate folding the turn with your two eight outs and the mini flush draw. If you give MP credit for having an ace, then your opponents hold three cards together that could be spades. The chance of them not having a spade between them is plenty good enough to justify a call.

sthief09
08-21-2005, 09:11 PM
I like a checkraise here. reason behind that MP probably has some mediocre overs since he didn't cap. you'd like to squeeze him out. also, when you bet, you end up having to 3-bet and then get capped like here. if you checkraise you can slow down when getting 3-bet. the rest looks good to me

LImitPlayer
08-22-2005, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't even sit at that table just breaking into 10-20.
Theres got to be better tables to play then that.

That aside, I am folding to MP check raise

helpmeout
08-22-2005, 02:11 AM
check/fold the turn

an ace falls on the turn and you are against a guy who raised preflop and called a capped flop and a guy who 3 bet preflop and capped the flop

your 8 of spades aint worth squat

what were you thinking?

God there is some [censored] advice in this thread

bobbyi
08-22-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that I don't like is that you called the turn raise and then folded for one bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Overcalling this river would be absurd. I assume he called the turn to chase his dubious outs.

MicroBob
08-22-2005, 02:34 AM
not only does our limited view of the table look a bit sketchy...but I also might recommend that pokerbob not get intimidated by wacky aggressiveness.
you don't HAVE to just out-agg everybody to beat these games.

You can let them beat themselves and you'll get the chips eventually. Plenty of lousy players at 10/20 to go around.

I say this because of the tone of the hyper-ag players really frustrating you combined with your strange 3-bet on the turn of this hand...which looks at first just like plain-old chip-spewing...but I think there might be more to it psychologically than that.
they are hyper-agging it up and you know they don't have killer hands everytime....so you are hyper-agging right back at them with some sort of mindset of the kind of 'value' you might be getting on such a play (based on the chances that this is one of the times they don't have it).

If this isn't the case for you than my apologies.

this is often the case for me when I'm some weird form of tilt when I'm in non-stop mode of 'theres value in raising here'.
I get iso-3-bet happy and what-not and then am thinking 'they MIGHT not have it. my hand MIGHT still be good.'

This kind of chip-spewing where I'm creatively making up value out of virtually nothing is easily the biggest flaw in my game.

wheelz
08-22-2005, 02:39 AM
I think it's the biggest flaw in a lot of our games. It's a form of tilt, really