PDA

View Full Version : Axis and Allies Original Rules

DavidC
08-21-2005, 02:30 PM
I googled the snot out of this, and I can't find the original rules for Axis and Allies.

My buddies played a game of it with me last night, and I liked it enough that I'd like to try to work out a strategy for it, rather than just reading the strategies that others have already put together.

Of course, I don't own the game and I'd need a copy of the rules to help me design a strategy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any help appreciated.

Yeah, I guess I'm a troll. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Dave.

imported_anacardo
08-21-2005, 02:38 PM
You mean the old-school game, with the poster and the pogs and the huge map, where you had to worry about Malta and [censored]?

That ruled. I too have been searching forever.

astroglide
08-21-2005, 03:08 PM
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/98

scans of the original rules are in the files section. the revised edition of the game is supposed to be much better.

New001
08-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I bought the game for my computer a few years ago. It loses some of the fun, but it's much much much easier to deal with.

imported_anacardo
08-21-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought the game for my computer a few years ago. It loses some of the fun, but it's much much much easier to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you get Axis & Allies onto your computer, you see it's just a really lame, stripped-down version of Civilization, and the magic is gone. /images/graemlins/frown.gif