PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone pissed at how UB does business?

Sykes
08-21-2005, 02:00 PM
First, they change their SNG queues so now people can't multitable and make money off them.

Second, Their bonuses dollars are IMPOSSIBLE to clear.

Third, It stalls on me frequently. Just right now, It stalled on me with AKQ2 on a K75 board.

Fourth, Inconsistant in keeping up with the waiting list.

So, anyone else have any complaints with UB?

tdarko
08-21-2005, 02:28 PM
nope.
[ QUOTE ]
First, they change their SNG queues so now people can't multitable and make money off them.

[/ QUOTE ]
i play cash games.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i use rakeback and absolutely love it. you should use it too.
[ QUOTE ]
Third, It stalls on me frequently. Just right now, It stalled on me with AKQ2 on a K75 board.

[/ QUOTE ]
it never stalls on me, what connection do you have? hmmm this is weird.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i have found that if you join the waiting list from the lobby and not the actual table then it is NEVER inconsistant. i know what you mean though when you join the waiting list from the actual table, sometimes it joins and sometimes you wait forever to find out you were never actually put on the waiting list. next time just join from the lobby it ALWAYS works.

MicroBob
08-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I wasn't aware that you can't multi the SNG's anymore.
I know they had changed it but you really can't multi them?? weird.

I don't play there very much (mostly because I don't like it there).
And if you don't like it there then I suggest you don't play there either (not like there aren't other options out there...heck, they'll even pay you $100 to deposit and come play on their site).

My latest UB complaint:

(from their promotional e-mail)

Win your way to Aruba for free!

Play to win your way to Aruba for free in this Sunday's 3:30PM ET $20+2 Aruba event where we've added another bounty to a Pro's head, be the one to knock out our Pro and the $100 bounty is yours! Go on to win the event and not only do you get to go to Aruba with us, but you've also got an extra $78 in your pocket!

This is freaking ridiculous.
If I knock out the pro....then I get my entry-fee back and now I'm somehow winning my way to Aruba for free.
That's some pretty sketchy logic in there.

When people hear "win a spot to Aruba for free" they naturally assume that there is a way to enter one of the tournaments without having to buy your way in (like the Stars FPP qualifiers which I think is a more accurate 'free' winner).

But a tourney where I have to pay $22 and THEN try to knock out a pro to get my entry-fee back is NOT a free tourney.

If the prize-package was worth $9100 instead of $9000 would that mean I was playing for free?? just because they tossed in a modest overlay to get my entry-fee back if I won??

Attention UB - if I'm paying $22 up front that does NOT make it a free tourney.
The chance to win my money back via the regular prize-pool (or perhaps some kind of modest overlay or extra-value such as a bounty) exists everywhere.

It really bugs me for some reason because I think it's inappropriately deceptive.
"You can play for free....as long as you pay $22 to do so."

Sykes
08-21-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nope.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i play cash games.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i use rakeback and absolutely love it. you should use it too.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it never stalls on me, what connection do you have? hmmm this is weird.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i have found that if you join the waiting list from the lobby and not the actual table then it is NEVER inconsistant. i know what you mean though when you join the waiting list from the actual table, sometimes it joins and sometimes you wait forever to find out you were never actually put on the waiting list. next time just join from the lobby it ALWAYS works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm happy that you are happy with UB but there are flaws that can be fixed and what pleases one person does not please them all.

The sngs make more for me then the cash games with the amount I have on UB. Second, I don't have rakeback on ub.

Also, I have join the waitlist in the lobby and still not been added on.

Sykes
08-21-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't aware that you can't multi the SNG's anymore.
I know they had changed it but you really can't multi them?? weird.

I don't play there very much (mostly because I don't like it there).
And if you don't like it there then I suggest you don't play there either (not like there aren't other options out there...heck, they'll even pay you $100 to deposit and come play on their site).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can multi-table them but it's damn near impossible because when you sign up for one, they put your name in a queue with the rest of people who have signed up, so you have to wait for one to spawn before you open another one. And I've waited a good 30-40 minutes for these to spawn. Just horrible.

And I do play on other places (Empire for cash games), but I like UB because I like the $1 turbo SNG/MTT tournaments and I only have around $100 there.

08-21-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I've waited a good 30-40 minutes for these to spawn. Just horrible.

And I do play on other places (Empire for cash games), but I like UB because I like the $1 turbo SNG/MTT tournaments and I only have around $100 there.

[/ QUOTE ]

the insane wait is only for the $5 and $1 sit and go's, none of the others do that

and anyone that said you cant multitable the SNG's is wrong, you just need to wait to be seated at the first one before you can open a second...this helps the tables fill much faster instead of having two $10 SNG's with 6 people at each and not getting started, instead it forces you to start right away

tdarko
08-21-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The sngs make more for me then the cash games with the amount I have on UB

[/ QUOTE ]
i am not a sng player but during peak hours i can get 3 tables of 5/10NL 6 max (during the day i have to mix in a 3/6NL table usually since there aren't enough decent 5/10 running) and with rakeback it pays pretty well.

Uglyowl
08-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm pissed they are openly offering new players ownership and their is rakeback and I can get nothing.

So I don't play there. They could have me for some rake, but instead they get none.

I know I am just a small timer so biggie /images/graemlins/smile.gif and besides I have too much poker to play before the end of the month.

Uglyowl
08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
You may not be able to go to Aruba for free, but I think you can get a trip to the lovely sunny island of Camp Hellmuth.

Sykes
08-21-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I've waited a good 30-40 minutes for these to spawn. Just horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

the insane wait is only for the $5 and $1 sit and go's, none of the others do that

and anyone that said you cant multitable the SNG's is wrong, you just need to wait to be seated at the first one before you can open a second...this helps the tables fill much faster instead of having two $10 SNG's with 6 people at each and not getting started, instead it forces you to start right away

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the $1 SNG and I've made about $60 playing them (about 100). So, this is being rude to the small timers who don't have $500 to put into every poker site there is.

AcmeSalesRep
08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pissed they are openly offering new players ownership and their is rakeback and I can get nothing.

So I don't play there. They could have me for some rake, but instead they get none.

I know I am just a small timer so biggie /images/graemlins/smile.gif and besides I have too much poker to play before the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you Owl. I signed up there long before I knew anything about rakeback. (Then I have had rakeback cancelled and/or accounts closed on 2 Party sites so I have no rakeback anywhere at the moment.) I would have loved to have hopped onto the PokerShare idea, but I'm ineligible.

Oh well...I'll just keep clearing my bonuses at other sites. If I get to the point where I have no bonuses waiting for me anywhere else, I might go back to UB and clear the $850 in bonuses I have there...

Acme

tdarko
08-21-2005, 03:47 PM
i had a previous account on UB but just created a new one with new information to get rakeback, i am thinking you could do this for party as well, no?

Sykes
08-21-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had a previous account on UB but just created a new one with new information to get rakeback, i am thinking you could do this for party as well, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations. You are a cheater.

MicroBob
08-21-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I play the $1 SNG and I've made about $60 playing them (about 100). So, this is being rude to the small timers who don't have $500 to put into every poker site there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the defensiveness here.
There is nothing in his post that is rude to those who play lower-stakes.

tdarko
08-21-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. You are a cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]
why am i a cheater? because i was on that site in early 2001 back when rakeback wasn't on the scene that means i can't get get another account to take advantage of rakeback?

i have been a loyal member of UB since pretty much the beginning stages back when all i could do was one table the quarter games so saying that i am a cheater isn't fair. tell me how i am a cheater and the people that just happened to jump on to poker later than i when rakeback is available to them upon initial registration aren't?

tdarko
08-21-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
don't waste your time bob, he called me a cheater for using rakeback. apparantly he is bitter about something.

AcmeSalesRep
08-21-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care to open gnome accounts. Ignoring the potential ethics issue, I don't want to give the sites any potential reason why they should just take my money.

There are other sites out there for me to sign up on if I need to get rakeback...including a couple of Party skins. But I have enough "monthly" bonuses to clear at this stage that it is not an issue. When I move past 2/4, things might be a little different...but not until then I don't think.

For 2/4 (3 and 4 tabling), I have:
15 hours/month at Cryptos
Party/Empire reloads
$480 in uncleared bonuses at Stars
$850 in uncleared bonuses at UB
$140 in uncleared bonuses at Paradise (may never clear)

Since I only get to play 5-10 hours per week, it's slow going to reduce the backlog of bonuses I already have.

Acme

AcmeSalesRep
08-21-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
don't waste your time bob, he called me a cheater for using rakeback. apparantly he is bitter about something.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, he is calling you a cheater for opening gnome accounts...not for receiving rakeback... Since pretty much all of the sites have statements in their ToSA barring gnome account, you technically are "cheating."

Of course, the sites have no qualms changing the game at any time...so some would say that makes it ok for the players to do the same. I don't worry about it one way or the other, but I also don't want to give them an excuse to seize my money, so I avoid gnoming.

Acme

Sykes
08-21-2005, 04:25 PM
First, I would like to apologize to darko. I did not realize you were there before the boom of online poker. So, sorry. But yes, usually if you signed on with one site w/o rakeback, you cannot get rakeback on that site.

And Microbob, I never said that his post was rude, I was just saying that it makes us $1-$5 sng players feel like peasants.

tdarko
08-21-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow how did you manage that?
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care to open gnome accounts. Ignoring the potential ethics issue, I don't want to give the sites any potential reason why they should just take my money.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think y'all are missing what i am saying. back in the day my original handle's info was my parent's address and old email etc since i was i believe a freshman in college and still living at home.

when i got a new account i am now just using my new email address that i have had for two years now (switched it on my neteller account as well) and now i don't live at home so i have a different address, so basically all of my info is different. i don't see the ethics part of it? poker pro's have numerous handles, as do other people on this site. i just didn't see how it was fair that i wouldn't be allowed to use rakeback because of a timing issue but all of these yayhoo's that just join get to use it, screw that, i think thats bullshit.

tdarko
08-21-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, I would like to apologize to darko

[/ QUOTE ]
apology accepted

tdarko
08-21-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, he is calling you a cheater for opening gnome accounts

[/ QUOTE ]
you make it sound like i am opening multiple accounts to try and cheat them. i openend one new account to get rakeback since my original account was created 4 years ago and not "eligible" for rakeback, which is bullshit.

FWIW, you may not like this comment but it is impossible for them to know my two accounts connect.

MicroBob
08-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I opened a new account on UB with my same name (I might have used Bob instead of Robert) and the same neteller account.
I did this so that I could have an account with rake-back for what little I do play over there.

There is a button in the UB lobby that says 'Create New account' for crying out loud.

I played in a cheapo-tourney once where the chip-leader left in the middle because he was starting a new tournament on his 'other' UB account.
He came back to our table with his 'other' name and rail-birded himself getting blinded away.

I don't think they are as militant about this at UB as at other sites.

I also don't think it's cheating if you are not doing it to play at the same table as yourself or to double-up on reload bonuses (and the bonuses at UB aren't worth doubling-up anyway....I still have $3200 in uncleared bonus on my first UB account).

MicroBob
08-21-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And Microbob, I never said that his post was rude

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So, this is being rude to the small timers

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko
08-21-2005, 04:40 PM
thank you bob.

and if they ever connected my two accounts i doubt they would care since its been almost two years since my old account hasn't been logged in for nearly two years.

Sykes
08-21-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And Microbob, I never said that his post was rude

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So, this is being rude to the small timers

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on bob, please stop stretching my words.

All I said was making people that play the $1 sng wait in queues is rude and makes us look like peasants.

I never said his post was rude.

Sykes
08-21-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.I still have $3200 in uncleared bonus on my first UB account).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, this fits into my rant #2. I'm sure you would love $3200 in your pocket.

MicroBob
08-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Oh. I get it now.
I thought you were calling the poster rude.
You're calling UB rude.
I wasn't able to see it that way for some reason. Thanks for the clarification.

Sykes
08-21-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh. I get it now.
I thought you were calling the poster rude.
You're calling UB rude.
I wasn't able to see it that way for some reason. Thanks for the clarification.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem.

AcmeSalesRep
08-21-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, he is calling you a cheater for opening gnome accounts

[/ QUOTE ]
you make it sound like i am opening multiple accounts to try and cheat them. i openend one new account to get rakeback since my original account was created 4 years ago and not "eligible" for rakeback, which is bullshit.

FWIW, you may not like this comment but it is impossible for them to know my two accounts connect.

[/ QUOTE ]

*I'm* not making it sound like anything. I simply explained why the other poster said you are cheating.

Acme

AcmeSalesRep
08-21-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow how did you manage that?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first started playing online, I could see the value of bonuses for someone at my level -- one table of 0.50/1.00 at the time (now 4-tabling 2/4). Since I saw the value of the bonuses, I quickly saw that UB and Stars allowed you to stack bonuses and they never expired.

While I knew the bonuses would be a huge addition, I had little time to play. So I just moved money in/out of sites to build up bonuses when they had reloads. This worked well enough to get me $630 at Stars and $850 at UB.

Recently (the last couple months) I have had a lot more playing time. Instead of a few hours a week, I have more like 8-10 hours per week. And I am playing more tables, so bonuses clear a lot faster. Now I am working off the stacked bonuses at Stars...we'll see if I work off UB next. I likely will since I have enjoyed the software and done well there, but we'll have to see when the time comes.

Acme