PDA

View Full Version : Standard CB bet here?

TWINUNO
08-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Do you like a CB bet here or is usual practice to just check it down absent reads?
***** Hand History for Game 2572841443 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:15035908 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Sunday, August 21, 13:52:28 EDT 2005
Table Table 35299 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: Kowboys2 ( $800 )
Seat 2: dk3500 ( $1890 )
Seat 6: MuppErik ( $785 )
Seat 8: chadro52 ( $785 )
Seat 10: JerNanProp ( $575 )
Seat 5: GoLeafsGo88 ( $775 )
Seat 3: davidvaleo ( $800 )
Seat 9: Cassman333 ( $800 )
Seat 4: twinlentini ( $790 )
Trny:15035908 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to twinlentini [ Jc As ]
Cassman333 folds.
JerNanProp folds.
Kowboys2 folds.
dk3500 folds.
davidvaleo folds.
twinlentini raises [35].
GoLeafsGo88 folds.
MuppErik calls [25].
chadro52 calls [20].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, 6c, 9s ]
MuppErik checks.
chadro52 checks.
twinlentini bets [65].

bigt439
08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
You can bet that flop because of how few hands it hits, but your raise pf is way too small. If you're going to play that hand either limp it or raise to 60.

axeshigh
08-21-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can bet that flop because of how few hands it hits, but your raise pf is way too small. If you're going to play that hand either limp it or raise to 60.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't open limp that. Either fold (best option IMO) or if you must raise to 60-75, get only 1 caller, and bet 2/3 pot on the flop.

11t
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Your raise preflop was weak. I'd throw out a contination bet though.

Unarmed
08-21-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'd say you shouldn't bet that flop because you have near zero FE over better hands. If you bet, its for value, which clearly doesn't make a lot of sense. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

microbet
08-21-2005, 03:33 PM
So what is your plan? Are you checking and hoping to hit an A or J and get paid off by AT or KJ or something? Or are you checking and letting any of dozens of possible missed hands pair up and take the lead when they would have folded to a c-bet?

I think there are a number of hands you are ahead of that have a decent chance of folding to a c-bet.

08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'd say you shouldn't bet that flop because you have near zero FE over better hands. If you bet, its for value, which clearly doesn't make a lot of sense. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if they missed (which is highly likely) then a bet here will take down the pot. It can also buy you a free river to hit one of your cards if someone with a 6 just calls.

And yes, raise that [censored] pf, I dont think folding is a very good idea. It was folded to him in the CO, he's leaving chips on the table by not playing.

mosdef
08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there are a number of hands you are ahead of that have a decent chance of folding to a c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's unarmed's point. it doesn't make that much sense to try to force out worse hands.

the benefit of a c-bet here (at a 10+1) is that you may actually get called by worse hands (seriously). and if you don't, then you can comfort yourself with the idea that at least things didn't go worse. but that doesn't necessarily mean you should be trying to shut down the hand on the flop out of fear of what may happen on the turn or river.

microbet
08-21-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's unarmed's point. it doesn't make that much sense to try to force out worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has something like QT, he has 27% chance to win the hand. I'm pretty sure his folding is better than his getting a free card. The only hands you conceivably want to have a free card are hands you dominate, since you should have some kind of implied odds - though not huge.

If you are checking, and thus not protecting a probably lead or betting for value or bluffing off a better hand, what are you doing? Drawing or waiting to fold? Are you trying to induce a bluff and call? (not directed specifically at mosdef)

Also, I was saying I think some hands you are ahead of might fold, like 6 with a weak kicker or PPs under 6 - even bigger PPs if the villian in question is super weak-tight.

Freudian
08-21-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the benefit of a c-bet here (at a 10+1) is that you may actually get called by worse hands (seriously). and if you don't, then you can comfort yourself with the idea that at least things didn't go worse. but that doesn't necessarily mean you should be trying to shut down the hand on the flop out of fear of what may happen on the turn or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 100 chips in the pot and the fact that it's checked to hero is enough reason to bet.

To suddenly make assumptions about the strength of heros hand (and even more wild assumptions about how likely you are to have the best hand on the river) seems to be overly fancy. Take down the pot on the flop if possible. If someone calls you have to play it carefully.