PDA

View Full Version : Right amount of action?

SomethingClever
08-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.16 BB

nervous
08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Any reads on him? Sometimes I like just calling and sometimes I like capping because I dont have to call a 5-bet. I think you played it fine.

RunDownHouse
08-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I cap the river, but its not like it matters.

irishpint
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I cap the river, but its not like it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont, but im a pussy sometimes. what are we more afraid of- larger flush or the boat? i guess i'd say boat after the way this was played. and if we capped the turn, nothing's changed so i guess we ought to be willing to cap the river?

nervous
08-21-2005, 03:02 PM
The more that I think about it, cap. I think if he had a set or two pair he would have c/r'ed the drawy-type board on the flop. He very likely hit a third 8 on the turn, possibly slowplayed a 7T or QT straight (less likely). You don't need to fear any of those. If he's not super aggressive like some donks are when they pick up flush draws (you are also only behin ace-high flush), then I think this is a cap. Sucks if he has K8 though.

RunDownHouse
08-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Definitely more afraid of the boat, as the only larger flush that makes sense is AJ of spades. I guess he could be an idiot sitting on 89 or J8 on the flop, but I don't think that's likely, in part because idiots that fond of slowplaying would also slow down a bit on the turn with the absolute nuts. Its possible I guess, along with K8, but I still cap.

Since this comes up once in a blue moon, I don't think its that important.

SomethingClever
08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely more afraid of the boat, as the only larger flush that makes sense is AJ of spades. I guess he could be an idiot sitting on 89 or J8 on the flop, but I don't think that's likely, in part because idiots that fond of slowplaying would also slow down a bit on the turn with the absolute nuts. Its possible I guess, along with K8, but I still cap.

Since this comes up once in a blue moon, I don't think its that important.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had the red QT and it turns out I was freerolling him.

But this is how a lot of jerks will play a flopped set that just turned into a boat. I considered just calling the river, but thought his range was wide enough (trip 8, straight, two pair) that I needed to put at least a raise in.