PDA

View Full Version : Rushes are so Great

trying2learn
08-21-2005, 01:30 PM
not going to brag - because I know everyone here has had them, but I did want to start a thread about how good it feels to be catching good.

I know for a fact that these don't come around too often (over sets, turning nuts against second nuts etc...) so since I'm probably at the tail end of one (knock on wood) I just wanted to have a thread where people can come and show appreciation for the good times.

Or maybe come post here because they need a little of the good karma...

Sykes
08-21-2005, 02:38 PM
No one needs to hear it. No one wants to hear it.

08-21-2005, 03:00 PM
The less emotional you get over short term results, good or bad, the better.

trying2learn
08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The less emotional you get over short term results, good or bad, the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

to sykes - all apologies - not trying to offend anyone, just wanted to put up something positive, because I know I've had trouble with downswings.

to bugundy - thanks for the much more helpful post. you're right, and it's something I needed to hear right now. cheers...

08-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Whenever I get a good rush going, I always know in the back of my mind that that means I'm going to have another stretch soon just as long or even longer where I'll be totally card dead, missing flops and having bluffs called.

Perseus
08-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't get cocky.

Many players make more mistakes when they are running well compared to when they are running poorly.

It's easy to get full of yourself and call that raise cold because "you can't be stopped". When running poorly, one will really analyze their play and won't make as many simple mistakes. Bleeding chips when running well is the doom of most amature players.

irishpint
08-21-2005, 06:24 PM
well i just flopped a flush on a capped pot pf...and it turns out so did someone else, and theirs contained an ace....

basically it was a really really shitty situation. and expensive. be gone crappiness, i'm welcoming this hot streak that will come by adding to this post. holla!

jman220
08-21-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I get a good rush going, I always know in the back of my mind that that means I'm going to have another stretch soon just as long or even longer where I'll be totally card dead, missing flops and having bluffs called.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good rush now does not mean you will have a bad rush soon... They are independent events.

SoftcoreRevolt
08-21-2005, 08:27 PM
My AKs held up unimproved after reading this post against 3 opponents! Long live this thread.

trying2learn
08-22-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My AKs held up unimproved after reading this post against 3 opponents! Long live this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i meant by creating this thread - congrats.

ace_in_the_hole
08-22-2005, 03:48 PM
I just played 8 STT's and got 1st in 5 of them. Thats a rush.

capone0
08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah my AKo in the SB lost to an UTG 69suited raiser at 5/10 6 max...I wish i could share your same sentiments. BLAH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ace_in_the_hole
08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
very bad.

stinkypete
08-22-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah my AKo in the SB lost to an UTG 69suited raiser at 5/10 6 max...I wish i could share your same sentiments. BLAH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't play much poker, do you?

capone0
08-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I do all the time, just not on a rush right now. Just a bad, example, of why I'm not rushing now, my AK trips is running into sets, ah, I'm not going to whine, just a lowsy weekend of poker. My AK losing to 69 suited UTG raise, just whining, really no content. I know, I'm not a huge favorite, just the play was frustrating.

mephisto2000
08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Yesterday in a Bodog MTT:
Within the first 4 levels I get 3x AK, 2x QQ, 2x KK but unfortunately 5 times everybody folds to my PF raise, once I get some action and once I double up with KK against AKs. Sure wish I'd gotten more action with those cards.

Mid-tourney within 2 orbits I get 3x AK, 1x AQ and again 3 times only pick up the blinds, once get action and win a pot.

Busted out in 6th place with AK unimproved against 66 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mmmmmbrother
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
100+bb rushes are even better when you in a 200bb+ downswing. until the rush stops.

ajmargarine
08-23-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonite I had AA UTG, and somehow it ended up 5-way all-in preflop. And the bullets held up. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Let the thread live on.

DMBFan23
08-23-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No one needs to hear it. No one wants to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I agree

DMBFan23
08-23-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't play much poker, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do and this [censored] pisses me off.

SmileyEH
08-23-2005, 02:44 AM
I don't think I'll ever top the 500BB in 3k hands rush about a month ago.

-SmileyEH

Justin A
08-23-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonite I had AA UTG, and somehow it ended up 5-way all-in preflop. And the bullets held up. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Let the thread live on.

[/ QUOTE ]

All right I'll jump in. Today was my biggest winning day ever. Long live the thread?

CCass
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All right I'll jump in. Today was my biggest winning day ever. Long live the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think married guys got to play poker?

08-25-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A good rush now does not mean you will have a bad rush soon... They are independent events.

[/ QUOTE ]

trying2learn
08-26-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'll ever top the 500BB in 3k hands rush about a month ago.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

That is big...I'm in the middle of one (hopefully) that's about half as big...another great night last night. I'm just trying to appreciate it while it lasts.

Also, to know that I need to play my best poker regardless of the current trends.

08-26-2005, 06:12 PM
My EP 27o, capped pre-flop, flopped quad 7s. Any two cards can win...that's how you have to play.

Pshh, and you people read books, use "strategy", and waste money on programs like PT, when clearly, Microsoft Minesweeper is the tool to use.