PDA

View Full Version : 6 Feet Under

RacersEdge
08-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Anyone hear the program NPR did on this show Friday night? They interviewed the actors and writers, talked about the concepts in the show, and played some clips. It sounds like a very good show. I guess I tuned in to a couple so-so episodes and never got hooked. At least there are DVDs.

Voltron87
08-21-2005, 01:31 PM
i found the first season [censored] hilarious, but when i got to the 2nd and 3rd somehow it wasnt funny anymore. it kind of fell off imho.

RacersEdge
08-21-2005, 01:35 PM
That's exactly what they said on this NPR show. But then they said it got back on track in the 4th and 5th season.

Voltron87
08-21-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's exactly what they said on this NPR show. But then they said it got back on track in the 4th and 5th season.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i remember watching the first season and falling over in laughter but never getting that feeling in the others. i guess ill check out 4-5/

astroglide
08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
the show isn't a comedy. it has funny moments, but if you're watching it to laugh you're probably bound to not enjoy it.

RacersEdge
08-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I assume you are responding to voltron's posts - I never labeld it a comedy.

astroglide
08-21-2005, 02:24 PM
i was responding to the general conversation about it (voltron and NPR's comments regarding humor)

SammyKid11
08-22-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you are responding to voltron's posts - I never labeld it a comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

TV Guide, DirecTV, and other services label the show Comedy/Drama...which translates to "Dark Comedy." This is, in fact, what the show was all about. It could make you laugh, certainly -- but the main source of out-loud laughter was due to that feeling of "relief" from how serious and grizzly the show could be with its depictions of LIFE, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.