PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs. TAG w/ overcards

UncleSalty
08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm just getting started at 6-max, and post flop is still confusing me. At full ring this is obviously an automuck on the turn.

Villain is a TAG after only about 40 hands at the table, so no real read. Can I let this go to the turn raise? Calling down felt like spewing. How aggressive/maniacal does a villain need to be to justify calling this down?

Thanks.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

RunDownHouse
08-21-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't think you can call the river, which makes me lean towards folding to the turn raise. The only way I can see calling the turn c/r is if you've seen him pull moves with draws. Then there's a chance he's doing this with something like AK or KT.

But I'd have to have a pretty specific read to take that line. Against a normal TAG, he's telling you he's got you beat.

UncleSalty
08-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks.

In HU situations my understanding is that if you call the turn you must call the river unless the board is extremely scary, correct?

So, in this case I should fold to the turn c/r unless I think he will make a move w/ AK. If I have that sort of read and call the turn in that situation would it be an automatic check/call UI on the river (and folding perhaps to a T or A?), or usually a check/fold?

I assume that most players with TAG stats play this more straightforward and would not get tricky with a 4 outter, given my 3-bet PF, right?

ISF
08-21-2005, 12:01 PM
This should be an auto muck at 6-max as well.

RunDownHouse
08-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Right, I really doubt he'd be pulling this with a draw. You're ahead so rarely that you can't justify paying 2BBs to show down.

Haupt_234
08-21-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't like the turn call of the checkraise. You are ahead of a semi-bluffing AK assuming the TAG doesn't cap with it or a draw, which doesn't seem likely.

Haupt_234

Roy6
08-21-2005, 02:10 PM
even if he's just bluffing with a straight/flush-draw, he usually has +6 pair outs, so it's better to fold here.