PDA

View Full Version : SNG Power Tools Questions

faquewdikhed
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I have not bought this software yet, but can see myself purchasing it.

I am wondering about the results of an EV calculation. What %+EV are you looking for to make a push "correct"? The tutorial has a situation where it is +.5% and it is recommended to fold and wait for a better spot.

In the midst of a somewhat large buyin drop, any extra information about this program would prove useful, thanx.

brimstone1
08-21-2005, 10:52 AM
eastbay, in a nutshell, argues that +0.5 is borderline, and you may either push or fold. And, that anything above 0.5 is a certain push.

bigt439
08-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Get it. Don't worry about the nuances of the program. Just get it.

stupidsucker
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
best poker tool available for a SNG player.

faquewdikhed
08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Do you guys who have responded, especially sucker ( no offense other dudes ), have a technique that you used to improve your game with it?

IE would you analyze all of your pushes, or just run a few simulations and then try to implement that, etc...

Also, did your results over time improve significantly after realizing the benefits of eastbays program? From what I have seen so far, it looks as if it will change my game quite dramaticaly. My past experience has been that whenever I try to implement a change in my game, the results are quite ghastly until I "figure it out"

AbelM
08-21-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

IE would you analyze all of your pushes, or just run a few simulations and then try to implement that, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saved some HH's while playing and put them in after playing (and played with the stacksizes a bit and stuff). It helped me a lot in finding some leaks in my game.

Also i was amazed to find out how much it sucks to call instead of pushing yourself...

ewing55
08-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I just moved up to the 33's and have been getting killed, so I dropped down to 1 or 2 tables at a time. Eastbay has made it so you can't use it during your hand, but you can use it immediately aftward. 5-6 players, even stacks, I'm dealt KTs on the button, I fold. Did I make a mistake??? Fire up SNGPT, open the table, double click on the hand and it shows me that results. Almost instant feedback. (Before I folded, the program wouldn't work for that hand.)

It is also better to do it this way because when I review my HH a couple hours later I still need to put my opponents on a range. Much easier to do right then, than a lot later.

Note: I love eastbay's program, but he is getting behind on some of the development. I haven't seen too many upgrades and the lessons he promised (one a month) are wayyy behind.

Bottom Line: BUY IT!

-----------------Jeff

nthn2fancy
08-21-2005, 01:34 PM
where is this program available?

eastbay
08-21-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Note: I love eastbay's program, but he is getting behind on some of the development. I haven't seen too many upgrades

[/ QUOTE ]

You're smoking crack. I have released four upgrades this month alone.

The lessons are a little behind schedule, this is true, but people are way too hung up on the lessons. Everything I can say about this program is already there for you to learn, and you're going to learn it a lot better if you do your own studying with it.

eastbay

jdl22
08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
www.sitngo-analyzer.com/ (http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/)

I just got the program last night. After being frustrated because the program crashed every time I loaded a tournament I went to the forum and downloaded the most recent update. You can now use email format hh. You can then go to Pokertracker and export your tournament hands. The good thing is that it makes one tournament per text file so when you open them they are all from the same tournament. Like I said I just started using it, but it works really well and has demonstrated several leaks in my bubble game.

As I said in another thread I'm going to be studying a lot for the next couple weeks, studying more than playing probably. I will make a new thread every day starting today or tomorrow discussing some hands where I was either surprised by the results the SNGPT gave me, made a terrible EV decision, or think for some reason that the ICM model doesn't really apply. Those of you also just starting with the program should join in as well.

tigerite
08-21-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Note: I love eastbay's program, but he is getting behind on some of the development. I haven't seen too many upgrades

[/ QUOTE ]

The lessons are a little behind schedule, this is true, but people are way too hung up on the lessons. Everything I can say about this program is already there for you to learn, and you're going to learn it a lot better if you do your own studying with it.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

The chipEV addition is excellent, by the way. I really hope the next feature is the one whereby you push over a caller/raiser and what % they limp with that they call - that'd be the nutz. Not that it isn't already.

Also anyone that hasn't got the latest is missing out on a lot with the Equity Modelling for blinds.

eastbay
08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

The chipEV addition is excellent, by the way. I really hope the next feature is the one whereby you push over a caller/raiser and what % they limp with that they call - that'd be the nutz. Not that it isn't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that addition will really blow the preflop game analysis wide open, I agree. It is definitely on the A-list.

It gets a little tricky, though, when you get into the details of it. So it might be a little while before it is ready for testing (a lot of people are clamoring for the lessons, too, so I have to take care of that first).

eastbay