PDA

View Full Version : Calling in sick

MagicMan08
08-21-2005, 05:45 AM
it is after all my golden b-day, and I have frankly grown tired of this job and want the day off and have asked people to work for me and they won't. I am prolly gunna put in my two weeks when I tell them I am gunna not come to work. I am sick of this job and my boss could give a damn about me. (I am a security guard, I have seen my boss 4 times since working for him 5 months)

08-21-2005, 08:00 AM
You need money, though. Are you a high stakes poker player ?

poker-penguin
08-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Remember that most people in OOT haven't had their 21st yet and only a select few have hit 30.

That said, I voted for " [censored] em it's my birthday and I want the day off"

STLantny
08-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Any job, that you are not going to have a career in, I say screw it. But not enough that you dont get a good letter of reccomendation. Calling in sick once or twice, aint going to kill ya.

Warik
08-21-2005, 02:18 PM
I think I'm the only person at my company who has not called in sick when he wasn't legitimately sick.

I've been working there for 6 years. Only days I took off for medical reasons were 2 when I literally could not get out of bed, and 1 after having my eyes cut open with a laser for LASIK.

In hindsight, I regret it, because nobody in that company has been [censored] more than I have, while everyone else abuses days off with no problem.

Take the day off. If it's a good job and you're important there, you won't get canned for one day. If the job sucks, it shouldn't be hard to replace.

Dantes
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
if you call in sick with no one to work for you, you screw over some other guy. Be a man, show up for work, then put in your 2 weeks. You'll have plenty of time to sit around the house when you don't have a job.

goofball
08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I called in drunk the day after my 21 run.