PDA

View Full Version : boring hand but I could use advice

08-21-2005, 04:37 AM
Villian is 47/10/2.11

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

This is a confusing spot for me sometimes because against a good player I fold the turn but this guy's pretty laggy postflop and I feel like a calldown is in order. I fold the river because lags often semibluff raise this turn when they improve to a flushdraw with their midpair or whatever so I basically beat nothing when that fourth spade comes down. what do you guys think?

Chairman Wood
08-21-2005, 05:01 AM
I know he's somewhat laggy but...
I think a fold is in order. The turn card represents a lot of different combinations of cards that it could hit that not just beat you but put you drawing dead to. In addition, the pot size isn't all that great, not small either but not huge. Also the pot is somewhat protected by SB's prescence on the turn. A bluff raise is significantly less likely due to it not being HU.

joop
08-21-2005, 05:03 AM
I think your logic is sound. However, would villian have called two cold on the flop with a mid pair? I think more than likely he has you beat on the turn, with either a flush or an ace.

sethypooh21
08-21-2005, 05:05 AM
I generally agree with what Chairman said...HOWEVER. It's hard for me to put this guy on any sort of Ace hand, as he's aggro enough to raise the button with any ace, right? Similarly, I think a set is unlikely, as he's probably raising pairs. Certainly, if his PFR was 15%...that being said, the river beat you if you were still ahead on the turn.

admiralfluff
08-21-2005, 05:45 AM
If the pot were head up it *might* be a different story. Villain's stats aren't too laggy, so when this guy cold calls 2 on the flop, and raises that turn, he almost certainly at least have an A, and you have little chance to improve. This is a pretty clear turn fold.

deepsquat
08-21-2005, 06:50 AM
I think the turn is a pretty standard fold 3handed.

goofball
08-21-2005, 08:06 AM
If villian is laggy enough that you can call the turn then call the damn river.

Either fold the turn or call the river. I leave toward the former.