PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling saucy tonight

Perseus
08-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Villian seems very TAGish with 20/15/1.2 after 30 hands

I know preflop is pretty marginal at best. I originally called thinking I was suited, and then called the raise because I'm a fish. So, let's focus on postflop.

Discuss

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...

W. Deranged
08-21-2005, 03:36 AM
1. Pre-flop is a train wreck but you know that.

2. Flop is fine. You're not going to win this on the flop as BB likely has a strong hand.

3. Think about what you're doing on the turn. Given that BB raised out of the blind, he probably has either a pocket pair or two overcards. Since you have several live outs and a hand that is worth showing down at this point, try to get to a showdown cheaply. You'd like to try to protect your hand, but, at the same time, you don't want to be putting in multiple bets here since you have live draws. Therefore, I don't like betting out as I don't want to be raised here, and I don't like a check-raise, because the only hands you are likely to fold with such a power play are the hands you're beating (the overcards). I don't see most pairs folding here, except maybe TT, but that's only one hand and that won't fold on this innoucous board often anyway.

So I'm check-calling the turn as well. I probably check-call an innocuous river card as well, though I'll check fold an A and perhaps a K and Q as well.

Perseus
08-21-2005, 04:07 AM
This advice is great.

Thank you.

I knew I played this hand terribly, hence the post. Thanks for going into detail your plan instead of the "check call" response

ArturiusX
08-21-2005, 04:11 AM
Check-call the turn, and check-call or check-raise the river.

oreogod
08-21-2005, 04:11 AM
and 4 color decks rule.

RiverTheNuts
08-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Leading this river is bad... the ONLY hand you beat that BB would raise preflop and call a river bet with is AK/AQ ... I check call the turn and river, letting him bet his overs, while losing less to a big hand?
Are we bet/folding on the river?

Perseus
08-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Yes river was a bet/fold...

The reason I posted the hand was that it worked as he had AK, but I thought in the long run playing like this is -EV. It seems I was correct.