PDA

View Full Version : AQo - Ugly Turn & River

Warik
08-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Don't like how I played this one. I'm facing two bets on the turn with insufficient pot odds to call for the OESD (and I don't think my overcard outs are good), then when I DO make my OESD on the river, I'm not comfortable raising it because of the flush.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

Stork
08-21-2005, 02:05 AM
IMO, BB's play, mainly the bet-3bet on the turn does not seem like a flush draw. Anyone else with a flush would've raised the river before you, so your straight is worth a river raise. BB probably had 87.

Also, on the turn you're getting an immediate 14-2, that's easily enough to call with an open-ender.

New001
08-21-2005, 02:48 AM
BB 3-bet the turn, so either he had a strong hand + flush draw of some sort (AJc or whatever), or he just had a strong hand. The latter is more likely. Once it's to you on the river for one bet (from the BB), you should probably raise it.

nukemar25
08-21-2005, 03:13 AM
I don't think you should bet the flop here because none of the hands you are worried about are going to fold and you will get raised here a large percentage of the time. Check, call and hope your straight hits on the turn.

Stork
08-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Checking this flop is no good. Getting raised here is no biggie, might even be benificial.

Chairman Wood
08-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Yes fold the turn. Ok, 2 pure K outs, I also add .25 outs there anyways as some of the time if K /images/graemlins/club.gif or /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits you may win. 8 outs are very tainted as even 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or /images/graemlins/spade.gif gives you half the pot or still dead to KQ. I value the 8 outs as .75 outs. A /images/graemlins/heart.gif is worth about 1/15th of an out. You have a little more 3 outs total. Pot yields 7.5:1 and you are not closing the action. Fold. In addition does a flop bet really accomplish anything here? I would consider a check.

Chairman Wood
08-21-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking this flop is no good. Getting raised here is no biggie, might even be benificial.

[/ QUOTE ] o
I think getting raised on the flop here is very beneficial. However, what does the initial bet do? If you knew you could get a raise from where he got it from it's a great play but it is more likely to come from the initial pf raiser. If he bets and the button folds a c/r here would be great, I think. If not just call.

Chairman Wood
08-21-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, on the turn you're getting an immediate 14-2, that's easily enough to call with an open-ender

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a very solid OESD. 2 solid K's, other 2 tainted by flush draws that are out there. 8's are tainted by the possible flushes that they would make as well as making one card st8's to half the pot as well as being dead to KQ.

Jgents
08-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Is this a clear cut call on the turn? BB has been betting the whole way and some other dude just woke up. I would be worried about this thing getting 3-bet or capped on the turn thus diminishing your pot odds.

Stork
08-21-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't think you can know where the bet will come from if you check, since hero got the last raise in preflop. I think it is just better to bet out and see what happens since you are going to see the turn anyway you might as well try and knock some players out.

On the turn true some of his outs may be tainted, but he's still getting 7-1, I think that's enough to see a river.