PDA

View Full Version : VP$IP In 4-6 Handed NL Ring Games

08-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I am running at 30% which seems high, but I see a majority of people posting figures here are posting them for LHE. It is a known fact there are many more reasons to play different starting hands that are weaker in NLHE bersus LHE. So should the VP$IP figure be dramatically different?

Those of you playing 5-6 handed NL Games please lmk roughly what acceptable figures would be for both a 5 and 6 handed game - Thanks in advance, and yes I did use the search figure prior to posting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdmcgraw
08-21-2005, 01:20 AM
That seems normal.. I don't know too much about SH NL games but I know that a lot of the profit comes from nice flops off of unsuspecting hands in NL, where most of the LONG TERM profit in limit games relates directly to your preflop strength ( and your ability to play post flop)

Lots of people advocate playing 23-25% VPIP for limit so I would imagine that 30% for NL wouldn't be terrible

I am by no means an expert so take my advice with a grain of salt

cero_z
08-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Hi Can,

30% in shorthanded NL is not high. It's about right. Please consider the response I wrote to your other post.