PDA

View Full Version : gettin jiggy with it on the turn

badbill7
08-21-2005, 12:17 AM
first hand at table no reads. felt like waiting for turn to make a lead bet or raise because someone is drawing on flop if not multiple people
So first question is do you like that play? Secondly what about turn three bet and then river bet? on turn im puttin this guy on a made pair,King off or maybey heart draw. too aggressive for a diamond draw.
Any pblems with my thought process and actions?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

Vote4Pedro
08-21-2005, 12:29 AM
I think betting the flop would be a lot jiggier...You cant let this get checked through

bottomset
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
BET THE FLOP!!!!

badbill7
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Your right for some reason i thought id gain a larger edge by betting turn. but since i didnt how is the rest of play

fluxrad
08-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Grunching:

Bet the flop. This is a dangerous board and you don't want it to get checked through. The rest is fine.

Vote4Pedro
08-21-2005, 12:52 AM
standard

irishpint
08-21-2005, 01:12 AM
g, you gotta bet this flop. Ill cap the turn all day. And you know what? I think i'd 3bet if he raises the river, so i guess I'm willing to see that capped. I'm not picturing AK and he didn't play the turn like he was on a girl's best friend.

bozlax
08-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Preflop is fine.

Raise that flop! You've got BB trapped, and you're behind to AQ or some two-pair combo. You'll also get a cheaper read on what CO might have. (Edit: it's early, and I haven't had coffee yet...BET THE FLOP. Stop being so damned tricky.)

On the turn you've got a made hand, likely the nuts as I'd have expected you to hear from AK preflop. (If he did have AK, he deserves a note.)

River, I agree, this guy wasn't on a flush draw, so go nuts. I expect you're chopping with another K, here, but you've already capped the rake.

teajay
08-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Lead the flop. You're the PFR, they check to you and if you don't bet, they're usually glad. I think you got extremely lucky that someone bet this for you. Not only do you have top pair, but you've got the open ended straight draw.

Turn looks fine. And since you're HU with another player who went nuts on the turn, I think you're safe from the flush. Nice bet. Call a raise.