PDA

View Full Version : Trouble from Big blind

King_J
04-03-2003, 12:42 PM
7handed 10-20. All fold to sb who raises. I call in BB with
5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Flop comes: 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . He bets. I raise and he re-raises. I decide to call and see the turn.
Turn: 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Bet-call.
River: J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Making board 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gifJ /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

He bets and I make the crying call. Did I make mistakes on every street? Thx!

Tommy Angelo
04-03-2003, 12:54 PM
"Did I make mistakes on every street?"

No. Your call on the river was correct.

elysium
04-03-2003, 06:24 PM
hi king
if the SB hasn't been stealing a lot, you shouldn't be in there with him with a 6 high. after flopping reasonably well, you did well to bet out, but now you must see the river so roping it by check calling can't be that bad. another option is to check-raise the turn folding for a reraise.

once you decided to play pre-flop, you have to decide to see the river or play strongly heads up when you flop a pair. you're in the lead here.

King_J
04-04-2003, 09:05 AM
He was the sb. Its impossible for me in the bb to do the checkraising.

bobgreen
04-06-2003, 12:01 AM
I believe that heads-up against a steal raiser, you have very little information on whether your opponent can beat your little pair. Ergo, you call the riverbet.

If you call the preflop raise with 6 5 and flop nothing, you fold. If you flop a pair, you will be uncertain and anxious. You'll flop a flush or straight or two pair ever so rarely.
If I was drafting examples of hold-em wrongs and whys, I might use this precise hand to encourage my audience to defend with big cards only.