PDA

View Full Version : PLO flop line.

partygirluk
08-20-2005, 10:20 PM
$25 PLO on party.

3 limpers to me in the SB. I have

A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I dont normally raise pf in plo, but am new to the game, experimenting etc so raise it to $.9. 1 limper calls, then the next limpers raises to $3.75. Folded back to me, I call. We both started the hand with $25.

HU to the flop

7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Pot is $9 and we both have $20 or so left.

What is the plan? Preflop comments welcome too.

Thanks,

Dean

TheRempel
08-21-2005, 12:45 AM
You will get raised by a variety of hands here if you bet out, including many that you are beating or have a positive expectation against and you might incorrectly fold. I think a check raise would be optimal to define your hand unless your opponent never tries to take you off a hand on the flop.

partygirluk
08-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I was talking over AIM with another 2p2er and we disagreed over the flop line.

I felt that leading out almost forces him to go all in with his presumed AA, as he has no room for manoevre. If I c/r though, that is probably more scary for him if he has nothing to accompany his AA. My friend though that he would very rarely fold getting 4-1. Do you agree? Would this have more f.e. at a higher limit?

Ribbo
08-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Your nut flush draw kills his AA completely.
I have a simple rule of thumb for when holding AA and I have raised to show everyone I hold it.
If someone bets into me, then they have a draw and want me to fold, but i'm likely still ahead. If they check raise me, then they want me to call and it's more likely I'm in big trouble. If you're opponent is any good, he is more likely to fold to a check raise than a bet out. Plus don't forget that he gets 4 cards also, there is always the chance he still flopped a set / 2pair /a straight

Acesover8s
08-21-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your nut flush draw kills his AA completely.
I have a simple rule of thumb for when holding AA and I have raised to show everyone I hold it.
If someone bets into me, then they have a draw and want me to fold, but i'm likely still ahead. If they check raise me, then they want me to call and it's more likely I'm in big trouble. If you're opponent is any good, he is more likely to fold to a check raise than a bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as it pains me to say. . . I agree with you completely.

Big Dave D
08-21-2005, 02:10 PM
I dont think this flop is a particularly good example of the problem of a clear AA vs a draw. That's simply because (a) its not clear he has AA (b) if you check a naked AA is very much unlikely to bet this flop as he may be drawing dead.

A better flop to look at may be Q65. And then the issue of whether to bet or check raise is far from clear, from the perspective of the non-AA hand, and comes down to stack sizes.

gl

dd

autobet
08-21-2005, 03:03 PM
If he chooses to bet this flop, he will be close to pot committed. He will be getting around 4-1 and won't have to worry about future bets.

I would lead out on this flop, due the the stack sizes.