PDA

View Full Version : why we know affirmative action is a sham (ie, hidden agenda)

brad
04-03-2003, 09:47 AM
well go to an all black grade school with little kids (hey they dont learn here theyre screwed for life nothing can be done).

its in a poor neighborhood (well duh theyre disadvantaged).

but their school is falling apart and they dont have books, etc.

why is that?

i mean gee wiz between freakin egypt and israel alone we send like 50 billion a year in foreign aid, but we let poor kids run crazy in a place that cant even keep them dry when it rains.

so i think its crazy to say that we need a public policy to help young adults (~20) when if they havent learned by then then its over. i mean the great bulk of my education was over by 6th grade. after that i could learn for myself.

i mean lets face it, discrimation is pretty much over in the US. whens the last time you saw a sign in the window 'now hiring - no irish'

andyfox
04-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Discrimination doesn't take the form of anti-Irish signs any more.

What's the hidden agenda?

brad
04-03-2003, 01:24 PM
i dont know what the agenda is but its sure not to help ,say, black people, because if that was the goal their basic education (k-5 or whatever) wouldnt be what it is now, which is so bad that it basically disqualifies them from any future other than manual labor or crime.

i mean am i wrong here? theres all this talk about affirmative action and poor inner city schools (gee all blacks) have no books and the school building is condemned but no money.

meanwhile the solution is to lower standards for minorities to get into college.

gee what a brilliant solution.