PDA

View Full Version : Bite Me

08-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Like most new people to this site, I will announce my presence, although I don't know why. I heard about this site from Sports Illustrated when it did the story on college poker (great story). Well, I, like many others, began playing after the ESPN coverage of the WSOP. I'm not gonna say I'm good because most replies start with "you are not as good as you think you are" or "you're probably a bad player." I also realize that you're such a tight-knit community that you are accustomed to most of the posters. Some of you can be assholes and some are very understanding. The point of this website is to improve everybody's game, not to patronize others and make rude comments that stray away from the topic of poker.
In either case I play only live games, because you can get a better feel for the way the opponents play, and the tells you can pick up on. Now, I'm no pro, but I am better than those I play with since I consistently win. The question is, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? And I'm pretty sure it's not three.

ddss6_99
08-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Just curious, are you related to GreatMilenko?

PokerBob
08-20-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, I'm no pro, but I am better than those I play with since I consistently win.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are likely just a troll, but i will bite and take your bait. the above statement is troublesome. i'll let others elaborate.

by the way, many posters are initally pricks, but 99% of them are good poeple who want to help others and themselves learn.

SoftcoreRevolt
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry I didn't notice a subject heading that said: The 2+2 Forums, a Place to Help Improve The Poker Ability of Ungrateful Yahoos and Not Ridicule Them No Matter How Annoying They Are.

BottlesOf
08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In either case I play only live games, because you can get a better feel for the way the opponents play, and the tells you can pick up on

[/ QUOTE ]

I was with you until here.

Turkish
08-20-2005, 09:51 PM
No use in saving him, feel free to let Daniel drown.

wheelz
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks Strassa.

spaminator101
08-20-2005, 09:57 PM
good luck
hope u dont get mad because of the general disliking of newbies on this site

ds914
08-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Worst troll post ever.

Not even close to coming across as real.

adamstewart
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM
stfu n00b

MicroBob
08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
The close-knitness has nothing to do with it.
I don't know most of these guys at all.

But I can tell who is a sharp poster/player based on their general thought process.

If a new poster comes on here with good content then you better believe i'm listening.
If a new OR OLD poster comes on here with complete idiocy then it simply isn't going to get past the intelligent players/posters here.

FWIW - I (and others) have had no problem criticizing bad advice and/or poor players.
In fact, all of the supposedly 'close-knit' folks on here criticize each others' play and opinions ALL the time.
And the intelligent ones on here and smart enough to know that just because they THINK it works in such a way doesn't mean it is absolutely corect.

The intelligent ones are also smart enough to realize that if you have 25 winning players and well-respected posters telling you "you're wrong. and it isn't even close" then THEY are probably right and YOU really are probably wrong.

The idiots are the ones who are so stubborn as to not even acknowledge the possibility that they are wrong and should really consider just kicking back and listening and learning.

brettbrettr
08-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Heh. The SI article should have mentioned that in the 2+2 community prickishness is more of a common thread than poker knowledge. Jason_T /images/graemlins/heart.gif's all of you. (Cept, you noob. STFU.)

Perseus
08-21-2005, 12:24 AM
The point of this website is to promote 2+2 products through a series of messege boards that gives players a chance to discuss poker.

It is only because the majority of posters (real posters, not trolls like yourself) have such a desire to help each other learn that 2+2 is such a great place to develop as a poker player. They do this by giving advice. Much of the advice comes in the form of smart ass comments that are (usually) witty yet educational.

I never understood why people get so worked up over less than friendly responses to questions. For god sakes, these responses are usually directly related to the original posters lack of using the search function anyway.

If it bothers you that much stop trolling the forms.

Otherwise, STFU n00b

Evan
08-21-2005, 12:44 AM
C'mon, this is the first post you make? You title it "Bite Me" and immediately come out insulting people. I'm locking, this thread. If you want to post something usefult han please do it, but this is not useful to anyone.