PDA

View Full Version : AK flops TPTK heads up and I HATE it...

blackaces13
08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
$5+.50 SNG on Bodog
6 players left, blinds 50/100
My stack= T2025 (2nd chip position)
BB stack = T1710

Read: BB in this hand is extremely passive and quite loose, though he has folded to most of my preflop raises of late. I've seen him limp in with QQ and call down with an overpair. The times I've seen him raise post flop its been a set or better everytime and he ALWAYS raises the minimum.

PREFLOP: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="brown"> Hero raises to 340 </font> , 4 folds, BB calls

FLOP: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (T730) 2 players
BB checks, <font color="brown"> Hero bets 600, BB raises to 1200 </font> /images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BB has only 170 chips left. If I fold I'll still have T1085 left which would leave me in 4th chip position. I'm getting 2700:770 on an all in, about 3.5:1 with TPTK. If I call and lose I'll be left with only T315 and will have to go all in on 1 of the next 2 hands to aviod being blinded off.

All in or fold?

Scuba Chuck
08-20-2005, 08:45 PM
There is a lesson here. Why did you raise so little preflop? This is one of those hands I DO NOT want a call with. I would think a much bigger raise is appropriate. Make them really pay to see a flop.

gumpzilla
08-20-2005, 08:51 PM
You're making a "much bigger raise" than 3.5 BB's here PF? Does that mean you're pushing? I think the bet to 350 is probably already a little bit large, though against a 5.50 field it might be necessary.

blackaces13
08-20-2005, 09:21 PM
I raised 3 1/2 times the BB. I thought that was just about standard if not a little towards the high side of standard.

Scuba Chuck
08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're making a "much bigger raise" than 3.5 BB's here PF? Does that mean you're pushing? I think the bet to 350 is probably already a little bit large, though against a 5.50 field it might be necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be honest. I've NEVER played a $5.50, so I couldn't give opinions. That being said, I'm not going to let anyone see a cheapish flop. QJ, TJ, and many other crazy hands call this.

If you don't mind releasing this hand to pressure postflop, then ok.

blackaces13
08-20-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be honest. I've NEVER played a $5.50, so I couldn't give opinions. That being said, I'm not going to let anyone see a cheapish flop. QJ, TJ, and many other crazy hands call this.

If you don't mind releasing this hand to pressure postflop, then ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is 3.5X BB a small raise? The raise is standard, mind commenting on the flop since that is the important part?

BTW, I see you mention that QJ and JT call the PFR (which they shouldn't) but omit more likely hands like AQ, KQ, AJ, KJ, Axs ect.

willperkins
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Based on your description of BB's playing style, he could have called your raise with
K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
JJ or 99, AJ or A9.

Since you have only seen him raise post flop with good hands, I would have to let this hand go and look for a better spot.

lastchance
08-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Well, first, I'd push the flop. I think the preflop raise is ok, but I'm not letting anyone see a heart turn to blow me off this hand.

Here, you're getting 4:1... But I don't see Villain semibluffing with a Qh or pushing a hand that has you dominated.

I think folding is good, but I'd never actually do it.

yabastid
08-20-2005, 09:57 PM
I disagrere with Scuba, I think your preflop raise is on the high side- what are you gonna risk 2000 to win 150? With that said and your read I guess you have to lay this down- although I'm sure I would justify a push in my mind by convincing myself he was a donk /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jdl22
08-20-2005, 10:03 PM
I would have bet less. Something more like 500. I would also fold to a raise either way. You're getting nailed with reverse implied odds on this one. If you are ahead there is a good chance of villain catching up and if you're behind you're probably drawing virtually dead.

08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagrere with Scuba, I think your preflop raise is on the high side- what are you gonna risk 2000 to win 150? With that said and your read I guess you have to lay this down- although I'm sure I would justify a push in my mind by convincing myself he was a donk /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're risking 2000 to win 150, you're risking 2000 to either win 150 (uncontested) or get called and get to see all five cards in what's likely either a coin flip or dominating position. Don't forget if you win the coin flip you are a heavy favorite to win first place.

AK isn't nearly as powerful if you are going to only see 3 cards. I'd have pushed the flop, by the way.

blackaces13
08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think folding is good, but I'd never actually do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, thats exactly what I was thinking as I clicked the "All-in" button.

blackaces13
08-20-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet less. Something more like 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

500...600 pretty close.

I was really conflicted here with "Maybe if I don't bet so much I avoid going broke" and "I can't let a lone heart beat me cheap" thoughts.

08-20-2005, 10:11 PM
If your read on the big blind is that he is pretty loose we can't forget about a hand like J9 with his stack and a discount. And if you say he is mostly passive, yet he has been really aggressive after this flop, I would give him credit for having your TPTK beat and reluctantly fold.