PDA

View Full Version : Confused with AK (55)

08-20-2005, 08:30 PM
This is not the exact HH, but I remember the chip stacks quite well.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t800)
UTG (t3700)
MP (t600)
Button (t700)
Hero (t3300)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Utg Raises to t600, MP Folds, Button Folds, Hero Folds, BB folds.

My thinking here is that I dotn want to risk goign up agasint the only stack close to busting me, without a huge hand. If i fold this i still can pick on the shorter stacks, and am almost guarenteed to get ITM.
Thoughts?

Scuba Chuck
08-20-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not the exact HH, but I remember the chip stacks quite well.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t800)
UTG (t3700)
MP (t600)
Button (t700)
Hero (t3300)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Utg Raises to t600, MP Folds, Button Folds, Hero Folds, BB folds.

My thinking here is that I dotn want to risk goign up agasint the only stack close to busting me, without a huge hand. If i fold this i still can pick on the shorter stacks, and am almost guarenteed to get ITM.
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm certain that the other stack is thinking precisely the same thing. So if you reraise, or push, he's got something to think about.

In fact, a reraise here, and not a push, is a great tactic. Try reraising to 1500. Another option is to call and see a flop. I really don't care for the fold.

mts
08-20-2005, 11:10 PM
what...the...hell...

Karak567
08-20-2005, 11:12 PM
I call and see a flop.

ldavidjm
08-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I'd call. Depending on the board I might lead even if I miss, but you'll still have a huge stack comparitively even if you check fold. And if you hit a check-raise will certainly pull in quite a few chips (and who knows if he has KQ KJ AQ etc. and you hit a shared card for most of his stack).

lastchance
08-20-2005, 11:26 PM
This is a tough spot. But it's not the bubble yet, and Villain should be folding a few hands to your reraise over the top.

I'm all-in.

I just realized you could call. That's an interesting line, but you're somewhat OOP.

Ah well, you can check any flop, and push to a bet with a dry flop or when you hit.

08-20-2005, 11:44 PM
The only reason i didnt want to call was becasue i would be OOP after the flop, and would have a hard time taking it down if i missed (betting into a 2 5 7 board dosent show alot of strength).
I think i should of called, because its not a huge portion of my stack, and if i hit im almost alwasy ahead.