PDA

View Full Version : BB catches trips (not set) & caught b/w...

jnalpak
08-20-2005, 06:57 PM
just sat down with not that good of a read on those in the hand....

i hate getting stuck in the middle with trips and crazy resistence.

I turned into a big puss after the turn when CO makes it 2 to me?

thoughts on turn, river play?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

ArturiusX
08-20-2005, 07:03 PM
ick. I can't really find a fold here, just hope its a majorly overplayed Ace or something.

Btw this goes in micro limits.

jnalpak
08-20-2005, 07:08 PM
and it goes under HUSH...my bad, just feeling lonely

W. Deranged
08-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Is it really that hard to find a fold here?

Hero is looking at something in the neighborhood of 5-1 on a call down here, depending on future action. Without huge lag reads, how often is hero getting bet into and raised on the turn after he capped the flopped, when the board is paired?

At best hero has something like 1.5 outs on average. A good portion of the time I'm expecting to see AA played slow here. Note that AA and A3 could both be in play which may well explain some of the action.

A key thing to recognize is this: players will usually raise big Aces pre-flop. I think this greatly reduces the possibility that a hand like AQ or AK is in play here. I'd expect to see AA more often than those types of hands.

I don't know if I could make the fold, but I'm starting to think it's correct.

Harv72b
08-20-2005, 07:57 PM
This is 1/2 6max, so I find it equally plausible that you're up against a better 3 as I do that one or both players are way overplaying their aces. Still, I'm not folding this at any point in the hand, and with a potential flush draw out there I'm leading the turn...people love to overplay flush draws on the flop.

Aside from not leading the turn, I say nh sir. Just file it under the tough beats when you're not good.

pokerjunky
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Why did you cap the flop then check the turn?

PTjvs
08-20-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is 1/2 6max, so I find it equally plausible that you're up against a better 3 as I do that one or both players are way overplaying their aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost no better 3s play their kickers on this river. I find another raise on the river here.

jvs