PDA

View Full Version : two 20/40 TS hands where i have no idea what im doing

TStoneMBD
08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
im feeling a little rusty with the poker stuff because i havent played in 7 weeks. september 1st marks the day where i continue multitabling again.

hand 1:

villain thinks hes a pro, but hes actually a weak-passive wptfanboy. looks like hes tilting a little bit, but i think that makes him weaker. my table image is TAG and after a couple hours i havent made a laggy play yet. villains checkraise means he has a king and its probably a big kicker or with a jack. if i was not making a play the obvious move is to fold.

hero is CO with QQ

UTG1 (idiot) calls, MP (villain) calls, Hero raises, BB calls and so do the limpers.

flop: K22r

all check, hero bets, bb folds, utg calls, mp calls.

turn: J

all check, hero bets, utg folds, mp checkraises, hero 3bets.

hand 2:

game is insane. im dealt 88 UTG2 and contemplate raising but decide to limp instead since ill get many others to come in behind me. the preflop raiser respects me and already made a laydown to me earlier, but he is tilting. his preflop raises demand respect and often mean he has a pair or AK. this hand took place a little after my QQ turn 3bet hand got showdown.

hero is utg1 with 88

utg folds, hero limps, mp raises, some clown coldcalls, bb calls, i call.

flop: Q53r

hero checks, mp bets, other 2 guys fold, i checkraise, mp calls.

turn: T

i bet, he calls

river: something low

i bet

W. Deranged
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
MBD,

1. Turn three-bet looks like suicide here. A weak player is not making this play without a king, and even the weakest of players are not laying down a K here often enough to make this worthwhile.

2. This hand looks pretty good. The board, though, is such that I don't think villain is going to lay down a better hand like JJ or something, so I wonder whether a river check is better with the hope of inducing a bluff from AK or similar.

Is this the 20/40 at Turning Stone? I played the 15/30 a bit back and thought it was a good but not great game. I'm considering venturing over sometime this weekend.

tyler_cracker
08-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Hand1: Even if he's weak-tight and you're confident in your read, is he laying down AK or KJ here? You might succeed in slowing him down, but i can't imagine folding top two or TPTK here.

Hand2: What did you put villain on after the turn call? AK is not calling a bet here, right? Are you hoping he will fold JJ/99 (is 99 even in his preflop raising range)? I think you're up against UI overcards here, which would make this a check/call, right?

But i don't play 20/40, so help me out. I'm just guessing.

Justin A
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I think the 3bet in hand 1 is spewing. Does he ever limp with hands as bad as KT? Because if not you're in bad shape when you get checkraised and KQ probably doesn't fold.

Justin A
08-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Hand 2 is good, but I'd rather check/call the river than bet it.

krishanleong
08-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I think they both suck. Basically because of the reads you have. You have these great reads. And then you try and make plays in spots you read them as strong. I don't like it.

Krishan

TStoneMBD
08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
alright well ill post results since this thread seems to have lost interest.

in hand 1 an ace fell on the river so i definitely had to bet. villain thought for a long time and finally called showing KJ. so basically i costed myself 3 BBs.

i realize it was foolish of me to even post this hand. its clear that i played this like a total idiot and there is no discussion needed.

in hand 2, the guy contemplated folding on the river but finally called with 77. he was playing poor poker so my thoughts were that if he had AK he would probably check it down. he may certainly call a bet with it since hes tilting and he may make a terrible fold with 99. if i check and he bets i have to call. if he raised the river i would have claled. if villain raises the river i think its a bluffraise more often than a value raise so i welcome it. villain would have raised the turn and certainly the brick on the river didnt help. hes definitely not tricky enough to wait till the river to extract another bet.