PDA

View Full Version : Call down?

mxer7734
08-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Villian was an aggressive maniac with 50/21 stats and Postflop AF of over 4.00. He was impossible to put a hand on after all I saw him show down 57, Q5, and a number of other crap hands so I figured there was a decent possibilty my 10's were still good. Anything wrong in the way I played this?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

irishpint
08-20-2005, 06:13 PM
nope, he sound like one crazy mother.

crovax4444
08-20-2005, 07:46 PM
I liked it

@bsolute_luck
08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
don't like the flop c/r. if he is the type of player you read him to be, you're not folding him and you're seeing a showdown as you think he might be full of junk.

probably check/call down donkbet the river...maybe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

detruncate
08-20-2005, 11:02 PM
I cap the flop, bet/3-bet the turn, call down thereafter in the face of aggression if he's truely maniacal and we mean the same thing by that.

Even maniacs usually have recognizable betting patterns. I take my best guess based on what I've seen so far. Does he slow down without a hand? If so, when? Punish him with your good hands. Do your best to figure out when to slow down.

TPGK usually means putting in a lot of bets. Especially when it's an ace.

bottomset
08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cap the flop, bet/3-bet the turn, call down thereafter in the face of aggression if he's truely maniacal and we mean the same thing by that.

Even maniacs usually have recognizable betting patterns. I take my best guess based on what I've seen so far. Does he slow down without a hand? If so, when? Punish him with your good hands. Do your best to figure out when to slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would put in 1less bet, if he raises the turn I just calldown. I'd be much more inclined to 3bet if I had TP K or A than T's since, its more likely for him to have an overpair.

detruncate
08-21-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would put in 1less bet, if he raises the turn I just calldown. I'd be much more inclined to 3bet if I had TP K or A than T's since, its more likely for him to have an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't disagree. It's hard to advise on these sorts of hands when you haven't had a chance to observe Villain.

deepsquat
08-21-2005, 05:56 AM
cap the flop. Super easy calldown.

Dave G.
08-21-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't like the flop c/r. if he is the type of player you read him to be, you're not folding him and you're seeing a showdown as you think he might be full of junk.

probably check/call down donkbet the river...maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line is way too passive, I'd even say weak-tight. If he really is a maniac, check/calling down a hand as strong as this one (relatively) is leaving a lot of money on the table.

Maniacs can be very profitable, but you have to punish them when you get a hand before they lose all their money to someone else. I'd rather take their money myself. You may not get to flop your set of aces before they or their money are gone, so you have to take your shot while you can.

Cap the flop, fire again on the turn. Since you no longer have TP a calldown after the turn seems fine, but nowhere, no way, no how are you folding this hand at any point.

ArturiusX
08-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I think a river check-raise would be sexy.

Jozepha
08-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I would probably lead out the flop and 3 bet his raise. I also like calling down here.