PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP...IS THIS A BAD FOLD???

FiReSiStAnT
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Okay Second level of a 5 dollar
buy in single table SNG on Poker Stars....This A/T Ends up Winning but tell me if its a bad fold and what my line should have been if I did call preflop raises....thanks for the help...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2970)
UTG (t1330)
MP1 (t2920)
MP2 (t1520)
CO (t1420)
Button (t1530)
Hero (t1810)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t30, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t90</font>, UTG calls t60, MP1 calls t60, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, Hero folds.

Flop: (t480) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t120</font>, Button calls t120, BB folds, UTG calls t120, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t840) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (t840) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t120</font>, UTG folds, CO calls t120.

Final Pot: t1080

durron597
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
I think it's fine.

Freudian
08-20-2005, 05:14 PM
ATo gets you into a lot of trouble early on. I'd probably fold here.

silencee
08-20-2005, 05:17 PM
it's only 60 more chips into a huge preflop pot this early, i would've called and saw what happened.

though if you have little experience with postflop play, i'd fold ATo here everytime. the fact it would've won has no relevance, don't be results oriented.

NiR
08-20-2005, 06:10 PM
close one, but i dont like playing ATo no matter the situation. but its close here because of the pot odds. i think post flop play comes into effect here. say you called, and you got top pair now. now what? guy bets 120, do you think yout top pair is ahead here with this many limpers? well say you call and then instead of hitting 2 pair, you get a dead card but a card that may help someone else. what do you do now? check/fold? check/call?

if you suck post flop i would fold. me in general am a good post flop player, but its still so close. if it was soooted its an auto call.

niquewon
08-20-2005, 06:45 PM
I would absolutely fold this hand in this situation. Assuming you did call the raise I would fold after seeing a raise and call.

FiReSiStAnT
08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
that A/10 can get you into alot of trouble; however, I do consider myself a strong post flop player and would defiantly gottent ot he turn if I did decide to play this...

Probably should have called...

durron597
08-20-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

that A/10 can get you into alot of trouble; however, I do consider myself a strong post flop player and would defiantly gottent ot he turn if I did decide to play this...

Probably should have called...

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing ATo in the SB on an A high flop in a raised pot is extremely difficult to play correctly, especially w/short stacks.

Scuba Chuck
08-20-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't think you need any help...

08-20-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay Second level of a 5 dollar
buy in single table SNG on Poker Stars....This A/T Ends up Winning but tell me if its a bad fold and what my line should have been if I did call preflop raises....thanks for the help...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2970)
UTG (t1330)
MP1 (t2920)
MP2 (t1520)
CO (t1420)
Button (t1530)
Hero (t1810)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t30, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t90</font>, UTG calls t60, MP1 calls t60, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, Hero folds.

Flop: (t480) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t120</font>, Button calls t120, BB folds, UTG calls t120, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t840) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (t840) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t120</font>, UTG folds, CO calls t120.

Final Pot: t1080

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being results oriented. Good fold.

niquewon
08-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Do you honestly think you're ahead here? Given the number of callers I think that there is a good chance somebody is holding onto a hand like AK, AQ or even AJ and you'll be in very bad shape.

silencee
08-20-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think you're ahead here? Given the number of callers I think that there is a good chance somebody is holding onto a hand like AK, AQ or even AJ and you'll be in very bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you really need to be ahead here. i think you call the preflop raise with the sole purpose of catching two pair, trip tens, straight, etc.

because of the fact most people will have ak/aq/aj here and it's a five dollar sng (so then again, you may be better off than you think), you have ridiculous implied odds in addition to the great pot odds.

it's an easy preflop call in my opinion. the flop is an obvious fold when you miss. in this case however, i'd consider calling on the flop as well for the same reasons as listed above.

Scuba Chuck
08-20-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you really need to be ahead here. i think you call the preflop raise with the sole purpose of catching two pair, trip tens, straight, etc.

because of the fact most people will have ak/aq/aj here and it's a five dollar sng (so then again, you may be better off than you think), you have ridiculous implied odds in addition to the great pot odds.

it's an easy preflop call in my opinion. the flop is an obvious fold when you miss. in this case however, i'd consider calling on the flop as well for the same reasons as listed above.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some merit to this line because it's a pokerstars tourney, with a much more abundant starting stack. I think many of the responses here are from those who primarily play party's small stack structure (in which case, this is an easy fold), or they prefer to find a better spot with that many callers.

Misfire
08-20-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is some merit to this line because it's a pokerstars tourney, with a much more abundant starting stack. I think many of the responses here are from those who primarily play party's small stack structure (in which case, this is an easy fold), or they prefer to find a better spot with that many callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this to say that deeper stacks make it more lucrative to chase pot-odds/implied-odds?

silencee
08-20-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this to say that deeper stacks make it more lucrative to chase pot-odds/implied-odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. party sngs pretty much require formulaic push/fold poker. non-party sngs have much more freedom and room for post-flop play.