PDA

View Full Version : How far do you take a tell?

08-20-2005, 03:23 PM
For instance:

Without getting into details, I had made a raise and another player re-raised all-in. While I was debating whether or not to call, he said:

"Please don't call (pause, pause, laugh)... you know what that means"

My logic-

1) Asking me not to call would normally represent a strong hand
2) The second part of his statement indicates that he knows he is telling me he has a strong hand, at which point my next logical step would be to put him on a weak hand.
3) The fact that he is trying to get me to assume that he has a weak hand made me believe he actually had a strong hand... I folded.

Is my logic sound, am I making way too much of some player's noise, or just taking this way, way too far?

Thanks.

08-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Regardless of what he said, my experince has been when a player is all-in if while your deciding to call or not he begins to talk he is trying to get a call out of you.
Related example showing the opposite of this:
Another player and I to the flop in NL Holdem SnGo I hold AJo. Flop is 2 5 x.
Other guy goes all in. Im pretty sure he doesnt have a bigpair cuz he limped preflop. I begin to decide whether to call and say stuff like "I shouldnt call this" "Not at this point" Thru all this he has not moved not said a word. I call he flips over A3o. I bust him.

Is my conclusion that the average Player(inexperienced or casual player) on a bluff will not speak when u say u dont wanna call but when they are holding strong cards they will begin to talk so as to try to save u from folding