PDA

View Full Version : friend plays after disconnection - % for him?

Madd
08-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Say, you start to play a set of sitngo-tournaments. In level 3 you get disconnected. You try to log in again, but you fail. You call a friend who logs into your account and plays the tournies for you.
Is there a general consensus about the % of the winnings your friend gets?
(This is just a hypothetical question as I was able to log in again.)

dcarlc
08-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm not gready, I 'd give him what he ask's for up to 1/2. It's better than nothing. I quess it depends what kind of financial situation both people are in if a dispute came of this.

axeshigh
08-20-2005, 02:54 PM
If he's not offering half the buyin if he loses, there's no way he's entitled to anything if he wins. This is the kind of thing I don't charge my friends for. I guess your mileage may vary. If it was a huge MTT with prizes way larger than the buyin I could see an even split.

Karak567
08-20-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd do it for free for a buddy.

I have before.

If it was a MTT and I played hours and hours and made a big score that is different.

ewing55
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Buy him a drink, fill his car up with gas (well, maybe not that much), buy him his favorite CD, etc.

I mean I wouldn't pay him, but I would do something for him when there was a good chance. I'd want him to know that I am thinking about him and I appreciate what he did for me and that I'd do the same for him in the future.

I'll bet the amount of $$ you're talking about isn't that meaningful to either of you, but the thought that you really appreciated his effort means way more.

Of course I could be wrong.

----------------Jeff

PS. Besides, it's probably cheaper anyway. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

inyaface
08-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I had this happen yesturday....I wasn't doing anything so I just did it for free

pearljam
08-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I have a friend I do this for and vice versa, there is no charge. If your really friends with the dude I see no reason for money to exchange hands.

NiR
08-20-2005, 03:33 PM
my friend would do this free of charge. if this was a big money MTT then we would work out a deal.

jon462
08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my friend would do this free of charge. if this was a big money MTT then we would work out a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

johnnybeef
08-20-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mine would too, but, i would still give him 50% of the profit cuz thats the type of solidassmufuka that i am.

08-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Most of my friends would probably lose, so I would be S.O.L.! /images/graemlins/grin.gif