PDA

View Full Version : Fox commentators

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Who is the Joe Buck sub? What is wrong with him? He just talking about how bernie had "the tempo of a musician in life"

and what was up with el duque in the 2nd? i turned it on in the middle of that, it was weird.

Hal 2000
08-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Dick Stockton, usually does football for FOX. I agree he sounds very strange doing baseball.

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dick Stockton, usually does football for FOX. I agree he sounds very strange doing baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he's not awful, just a little weird. That makes sense, that he does football. Now I know where I've heard him. the thing about bernie was crazy though. you would think a huge network like fox could find someone actually good, rather than someone just decent.

hoopsie44
08-20-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he's not awful, just a little weird. That makes sense, that he does football. Now I know where I've heard him. the thing about bernie was crazy though. you would think a huge network like fox could find someone actually good, rather than someone just decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer Stockton or anyone over Buck. Stockton has done baseball for quite a number of years. Did Red Sox games back in 70's for local Boston station.

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer Stockton or anyone over Buck. Stockton has done baseball for quite a number of years. Did Red Sox games back in 70's for local Boston station.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTTFWTFWTWF is tim mccarver talking about??? as the replay goes in slow mo, "oh, hit him in the back foot" as it pauses on the ball hitting canos front shin. then he says i guess it was the front, then says again "i think it was the back actually".

before that him and stockton were talking about whether they might go grab a banana split after the game. what kind of crazy is this? i was actually thinking stockton was pretty decent and he got off on the wrong foot with the "bernie lives with the tempo of a musician" comment.

and what is up with umps warning the benches and pitches after a batter getting hit, and then not doing anything when the pitcher hits another batter?

also, derek jeter has gone about 5 ABs with the bases loaded without a grand slam.

pokerdirty
08-20-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and what was up with el duque in the 2nd? i turned it on in the middle of that, it was weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

the first pitch of the inning was thrown behind a-rod's head. both benches warned. with 2 outs and a 2-2 count to giambi, el duque threw what looked like a beautiful slurve over the 3rd base edge for strike 3, but had ball 3 called instead. el duque didn't like this call, so decided he was going to bitch, AND STARTED WALKING TOWARDS HIM. why he was not thrown out for this is beyond me.

probably, because this ump sucks.

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the first pitch of the inning was thrown behind a-rod's head. both benches warned. with 2 outs and a 2-2 count to giambi, el duque threw what looked like a beautiful slurve over the 3rd base edge for strike 3, but had ball 3 called instead. el duque didn't like this call, so decided he was going to bitch, AND STARTED WALKING TOWARDS HIM. why he was not thrown out for this is beyond me.

probably, because this ump sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this ump is weak. that probably was a strike, but how does el duque get warned, go up and argue with the ump, then hit another batter...

then the ump patted him on the back?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh boy safe!

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 03:22 PM
lolllllll

el duque clearly, clearly touched the bag. then guillen comes out and argues about it while his between inning interview is being telecast.

awful call.

pokerdirty
08-20-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lolllllll

el duque clearly, clearly touched the bag. then guillen comes out and argues about it while his between inning interview is being telecast.

awful call.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was awful. its pretty funny, because then next play (the double play) the shortstop clearly did not touch 2nd base...

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lolllllll

awful call.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was awful. its pretty funny, because then next play (the double play) the shortstop clearly did not touch 2nd base...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah. what was that?

and how about that chacon? hes been awesome.