PDA

View Full Version : Ax in NL 6-max?

PugX
08-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I learning NL 6-max but with mediocre results.

How do you play Ax? Of course it depends about players / situations, but as general principles?

- I limp A8o from all positions
- I limp A2s from all positions
- I almost always raise AJo from all positions
- I often raise any Ax if i'm in CO or SB and have chanses to steal

Any comments? Am I totaly wrong? To Taight or loose?

//Pug

yvesaint
08-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't play Ax. I'll complete SB with suited Aces, or call from the BB if there's been a mini-raise, but otherwise, I usually don't play them at all. I'll raise A10o and up from any position if I'm first in the pot, however.

JaBlue
08-20-2005, 02:49 PM
if you are comfortable doing what you're doing and you are winning, don't worry about it. There are much bigger problems that don't involve preflop play.

mudbuddha
08-20-2005, 03:46 PM
too mnay hands have A-junk.. if your only getting medicore results, cut back on that and you will plug up a big leak in your game. in 6 max, very few times you will have the correct odds to draw on a flush anyways so its alla bout the high cards. Although you can drag a few pots down when Axx comes down and no resistance, you will still have ot lay down those hands when you do get some resistance.. so why play them...

Triumph36
08-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Limping A8 UTG is a leak, IMO - I try not to limp with any hand I can't call a raise with.

I will raise Ax suited first in, but I've begun dumping Axo from most positions - depending on the table, of course. Sometimes I will raise from the CO or Button to steal, sometimes I won't.

I don't think it's a big deal - Axs or Axo should be a marginally winning hand at best. Just don't play either one UTG and don't overplay pairs of aces.

jacknine
08-20-2005, 05:04 PM
...and i think Ax is exactly the sort of hand that can cause a lot of trouble when the flop hits.