PDA

View Full Version : Lucky ladies gone wrong....

Highn
08-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi guys, would like to have your opinion on this awfull hand. Thanks in advance!

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (10.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Sightless
08-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Why not bet out the river? the T is not really a scare card

Highn
08-20-2005, 01:42 PM
When I got 3 callers on the turn I kind of gave up on the hand. The pot was quite big though so I'm not sure if folding was correct.

Say I did bet out on the river and I got raised is there a way to get away from the hand? What about getting 3-bet?

Sightless
08-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Thing is the turn card, gave many people redraws with backdoor straight and flush draws, which that T didnt seem to complete. Just because all those people stayed on the turn doesn't mean all of them had made hands.

If you bet out on the river and get raised and reraised, depending on reads id probably fold...

trainslayer
08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Any reads on the people your playing against. You'll always get asked this question.

First thoughts were, not much you could do here. No one's shown any agression here and you want to make the people drawing pay dearly for the chance.

On the other hand if any of the villians have shown any agression you might go for a check raise to see where your at. Or maybe just go into call down mode but I don't usually like that line very well. Take your lumps and move on.

Highn
08-20-2005, 02:09 PM
MP1 = slightly loose, passive on the turn and river
CO = loose, passive on the river

Didn't post the reads at first cus I didn't play that many hands against them. But they were quite passive. Too bad I realised it after this hand though.

Aaron W.
08-20-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet out on the river and get raised and reraised, ALWAYS fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. You need to come up with really absurd examples to call a 3-bet on the river with your hand. I can only imagine calling if both villains show me their hands, and they both don't have QQ beat.

TomBrooks
08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I would have played it the same way. No one gave you a reason to fold until the river. I would have been concerned about those callers though, as you were. A weak Ace is always calling you down and might be afraid to raise you because of your preflop raise.